A Very Prime Ministerial Narcissist – Extra

Boris Johnson is now installed as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and is busy courting Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland with various promises designed to keep the United Kingdom precisely that given his stated intention to ensure that the United Kingdom leaves the European Union by the 31st October 2019.

The BBC´s political correspondent, John Pienaar, recently wrote an interesting piece about Boris Johnson which you can read here

You will notice some very telling observations and recognise some particular comments from other people about Boris Johnson which will be all too familiar to you.

You will see precisely what I have explained is being talked about.

Except it isn’t.

This is what you are dealing with. This is what you have to address.

Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

HG

53 thoughts on “A Very Prime Ministerial Narcissist – Extra

1. Violetta says:

Blair wants to come back to Westminster.

Oh dear GAWD:

1. Asp Emp says:

Violetta, you have summed it up so very aptly! “Oh dear GAWD”. LOL.

2. HG, many of my friends have speculated about Boris’ health during his period of time in ICU. Some saying he faked how unwell he was because he couldn’t cope, others the same but because he wanted the public to get behind him.

Personally I believe he was unwell, naturally I do have an element of doubt.

Being a greater surely he would revel in ‘leading’ the country through this crisis. But then his initial ‘fuck-ups’ make me think he needed to detract from this.

He is less likely than other Ns to want to be perceived as unwell because it would make him appear ‘vulnerable’, as a greater he would not use his victim status unless he had to?

Was he truly as unwell as portrayed in the media?

3. WokeAF says:

Please tell me that Justin Trudeau is not a narcissist

He has not been under the Tudorscope. Yet.

1. Renarde says:

Tease

2. MB says:

I say Trudeau is not a narcissist. He is yummy to me though, so there is that. I have a thing for Canadians. (And narcs)

1. cb says:

I’m gonna go he’s a mid like Obama, so we’re on, MB! 🍹

1. WokeAF says:

Well if he has a narcissist I prefer his type of narcissism to all the others so far. -dancing around waving rainbow flags in the street in the middle of a gay pride parade
          I love it

I don’t pick up false empathy from him I pick up Ginuwine empathy. But I would never assume to think I know at this point it always got to go to HG to make sure

Living in Canada is the tits . I can go to the weed store ffs . Only problem is I don’t smoke anymore. I remember the good old days when you had to know a guy that knew a guy and then you had to take a bus and pay 60 bucks for a 1/2 quarter.

I got oregano once. I was jonesing so bad I even tried to smoke it just in case I could catch anything off it

Wish the weed store had been around the corner then .

1. cb says:

Oregano lol 😙

I once worked in Ontario for an autumn. That’s all I’ve been to Canada. Lovely ppl, relaxed.

2. Renarde says:

$60 for an eighth???

I can’t stop laughing.

2. WokeAF says:

Rebates
          I know.
          Well, $40-50

Total bullshit

2. Alexissmith2016 says:

As PMs go he is pretty hot! I’ve only seen some photos just now. I suspect a narc but that is just basing it on photos lol which may seem a tad harsh!

4. cb says:

“Except it isn’t.”

This voters group feels so marginalized by media, that they don’t even care whether what he says adds up, is true or lies, sound logical or contradictory or even dangerous. They’re happy to finally have a representative ‘up there’. (Someone who calls himself a representative)

Valid point.

1. cb says:

A journalist friend wrote a newspaper article on this back when Trump won. A couple of American psychiatrists had apparently signed an article before the election 2016, very very concerned about Trump.
        A bit like your post ‘A Very Political Narcissist’.

My friend explained that throughout human history, if a group in society has felt marginalized for a while/long time, then they ‘don’t always care’ about logic in all details, they want someone to finally represent them.

This time it was probably blueeyed male Brexit-eers, feeling future-faked, that the government would follow referendrum result. Feeling like they pay a lot of taxes all the time.

In history workers/poor ppl/indigenuous have supported even Che Guevara, Stalin and other really dangerous violent narcs, probably several angry feminism-imitators too,
        because they just felt so very marginalized through centuries.
        Impatience grew too strong.

Indeed.

5. Better Call HG says:

HG, not that your analysis ever needs validation, but this article 100% supports your assessment of Mr. Johnson as a narcissist. The problem is that people do not understand narcissism. Before reading your works, I thought a narcissist was someone who was only vain and selfish. While those may be true for a narcissist, that’s not the driving factor behind a narcissist’s behavior. It’s all about the control.

This writer comments on Mr. Johnson’s numerous red flags, but does not recognize that the driving factor behind all of the behavior is for control. It’s like the writer is trying to put together a puzzle–he has all the pieces, but he does not have the perspective to know where to put them and see the complete picture.

Your recent article about future faking is the perfect example. I wasted so much time in my life trying to figure out why someone would make future plans and then break them/ghost me/etc., but when you understand the future faking was only about exerting control in the present it makes logical sense.

Most people cannot understand narcissism because it’s a completely different perspective from how empaths/normals see the world. We are only able to understand it because through your natural gifts and awareness, you have been able to concisely break everything down and explain the “logic” behind the narcissist’s behavior. But even then our emotional thinking undermines us and hijacks our traits to keep feeding the addiction.

The only hope we have is that your works continue to gain attention and acceptance. To paraphrase a famous movie line, “Help us HG, you’re our only hope.”

I agree, BCHG. It is imperative that you and other readers continue to share and advocate my work.

6. empath007 says:

Ha! Tbe guy even looks like Donald Trump 🤣

1. Renarde says:

Jesus, I know…

I demand to know AT ONCE the location of their cloning unit. Bet it’s in Area 51.

1. WokeAF says:

Well there’s a fb group to laugh about storming it . I am getting many giggles from all the Memes .

2. Bubbles 🍾 says:

Dear empath007,
      There’s a meme floating around (one of many) with the Queen ready to shake Bojos hand and she’s looking at him and says
      “I thought you went back to America”
      🤣
      Luv Bubbles xx 😘

7. lisk says:

Not yet, HG. I’m still pining for a “GOSO” mug. I may have to settle for the Once You Know, You Go vessel, most likely white on black.

Anyway, after reading Pienaar’s piece, I see that what-is-being-talked-about-but-what-isn’t, what is being spelled out but isn’t, is the fact that Boris is a Narcissist with a capital N. (Honestly, I am already forgetting his last name and had to scroll back up to remind myself that it is “Johnson.”)

Pienaar’s many Boris descriptions and Boris behaviors fit to a T what you have described in your own piece about Johnson and in your other in-depth posts about narcs in general.

I wonder if Pienaar is not naming the elephant in the room because he found your piece and skimmed off of it?

Either way, if I once thought Boris was a Greater, I think that no more. I would have to go back to the Narc glossary to determine exactly which definition best describes a very natural narc, one who flies by the seat of his pants, and immediately or eventually lands in a fair bit of good luck almost every time, even when he falls flat on his face.

Boris just seems so instinctual and unconsciously intuitive. He’s a very adaptable, flexible mirror, too. Either he is all of that, or he’s really good at calculating all of that!

Good observations on the whole.

2. Alexissmith2016 says:

What he’s not a greater? I said upper mid range before any articles but I thought it has been established he was a greater post the article?

3. WokeAF says:

I could swear somewhere in here age she said that boris has awareness of his facade —surely this would mean he is a greater- ?!

1. WokeAF says:

^* HG said. Sigh. Got to stop using my mic for this

1. cb says:

But I believe Boris is a lower greater, HG hasn’t contradicted that.
          He said about Trump and Johnson: “Where one lacks awareness, the other has spades of it”
          Who has spades of awareness if not a greater.

8. MB says:

Wow! Talk about a pink elephant in the room. Why won’t anybody say it, HG? Ohhhhh! They don’t know what it’s called?!? They see all the “symptoms” and know all the signs…but of what?

Precisely.

1. MB says:

If the writer knew what it was and called it “narcissism”, how could the world benefit? What is the advantage of calling a spade a spade? Would it change anything?

They would start you understand what it really is, what that means and how dangerous it is, rather than repeatedly euphemising, diluting and downgrading the behaviours. It is this lack of knowledge and cultural dilution which has led to so many people becoming and staying ensnared.

1. lisk says:

Could this dilution and/or euphemisation be intentional on the part of the journalist, or the media, in general?

And, if so, why? More money for the media if the public are duped?

No, I have met John Pienaar, he is a honest individual, the failure to call it what it is, is as a consequence of lack of knowledge.

3. MB says:

And that there can be no change. It’s frustrating to me as a follower of your work that the perception that being labeled a narcissist is the equivalent of slinging mud. People don’t know what that term means or what it entails. They just see the “N” word and shut down. The people don’t realize they’ve been ensnared by the charm and that it’s dangerous.

Indeed.

5. MB says:

Do you see headway being made HG? From my POV, it seems we’re spitting in the wind.

It is very early, I have only been operating this place for 4 years.

7. MB says:

Your patience is astounding, HG. If you could bottle it, I’d buy.

8. lisk says:

Oh, I guess you cannot exactly educate Mr. Pienaar in person!

9. empath007 says:

I agree that knowledge is power, and I enjoy understanding why people act the way they do. But I still feel that I am just not good at dealing with your kind and no amount of knowledge I have will ever make me good at dealing with them.

I am happy not
            To be ignorant. However, ignorance really can be bliss for a lot of people who’d really rather not deal with the truth.

The widespread knowledge takes time. We are only now starting to understand other Types of disorders as well. Since there’s no cure I think that’s frustrating to many (but not the narc themselves) they are ok with what they are… there’s really no hope for change or proper treatment.

10. Caroline R says:

HG
            Exactly so!
            They would have some terms to put into Google and to use in conversation, for explanatory purposes.
            They would arrive at narcsite sooner, and the dominoes would start to fall.

11. Yolo says:

Exactly!!! That’s why your blog is the best place to receive relevant, concise and thorough information on NPD.
            I think of you often. I don’t get confused as often about the actions of others. I actually smile and can almost predict their next move.

Indeed and thank you.

13. WokeAF says:

If it becomes public knowledge what narcissism really is this will be a major turning point in society . When the little people are able to determine that their leaders are sociopaths – there may be change .

14. cb says:

We got Norwegian scientists saying that at least every 20th person is a ‘natural liar’, not even aware that they manipulate all the time,
            so that’s a little step.

If they could just reach understanding of what HG has observed, and many many have fallen victim to, for this to be known by media and newspapers:

“Around every 6th individual lacks real empathy, and is a bit of a sociopath, a manipulator, throughout life.”

15. Renarde says:

Agreed. ‘Cultural dilution’ is a very good phrase. Love it.

MB raises an excellent point by using the word ‘narcissism’ as opposed to a person suffering from NPD. A far tighter definition.

People just simply do not understand. ‘Narcissistic’ dilutes the true horror of what is going on beneath. When even a neutral pops against that barrier, they ping back off it again because of their own cognitive dissonance. Far better to think the world is generally a lovely, benign place. If a bit norty at times? And Boris, well, he’s a game old bird, right?

We have the same problem in physics, the usage of ‘mass’ and ‘weight’ interchangeably.

9. Christopher Jackson says:

Thanks for the insight will be checking it out

10. lisk says:

I love these extra credit assignments. Putting on the kettle for this one!

I expect your brew to be drunk from a mug from The House of Tudor, Lisk.

1. Renarde says:

Not sure where to put this but as it’s political and relevant to NS…

So, in the last few days two pieces of news have caught my eye.

1 – 1 in 65 rapes reported to the police (so 1.5%) are actually green-lit for trial by the CPS. Fuck actually knows the conviction rate once the trial begins.

2 – Today, It’s been revealed that Trump wants to limit the scope of the term ‘Domestic Abuse’ to just physical abuse. Ignoring all the others including emotional and psychological control.

BOTH of the news stories flip my stomach. Trump’s war on abortion and female reproductive rights was bad enough. Now as one switched on commentator adroitly remarked, ‘We’ve decriminalised rape’.

I thought I lived in a progressive country (well actually, I used to but HG put short shrift to any romantic notions I had about what ‘society’ actually is – he showed me and us his ‘worldview’ and it is heartbreaking. But the truth. So.)

Any member of my family or friends (or me!) might find themselves very seriously sexually assaulted. The chances of securing a conviction with custodial sentence must be in the tenths of a percentile. Who in their right minds would go through so much for those kinds of odds? And even those who did go through the whole panjadram AND got a conviction stated that it simply wasn’t worth it in the end.

I think what upsets and bewilders me most is not why the system is so stacked against my gender and by extension my own Brethren (That’s obvious, it’s MN’s hell bent on conquest by passive-aggressiveness) but it’s why society allows it at all.

I guess they cannot see ‘The Trick’

HG, you’re going to need more mugs!

1. Anm says:

Renarde,
          It’s a crappy time for women and children in the USA right now. It’s way worse than that.