Covid-19 and the Narcissist

FRIDAY 20TH MARCH COVID19 AND THE NARCISSIST

What does the current pandemic mean with regard to the narcissist?

How does the narcissist regard it?

What will the narcissist do in response?

How is the narcissist´s sense of control affected by the outbreak?

How does it impact on the fuel matrix?

Are you at risk of an increase chance of being hoovered?

How might you be hoovered?

How might the manipulations alter?

Will you be viewed black or white because of the pandemic?

How is each appliance in the fuel matrix going to be treated because of this viral infection?

What do you have to do with regard to these changes?

These questions and more will be answered on Friday 20th March 2020 in a comprehensive article which you must not miss.

Read it here, on Knowing the Narcissist – the world’s number one resource about narcissists and narcissism.

61 thoughts on “Covid-19 and the Narcissist

1. Kim e says:

HG. As the lock down drags on what changes for the IPSS’s as far as their feelings towards the N. Is it easier for them to see the manipulation? Are they easier to manipulate? Have the NC’s increased due to being unwittingly places on the shelf for longer than normal?

I would imagine their ET is very high since the N’s interaction has changed towards them. Just wondering since the IPSS’s have to be suffering during this time also

1. Not necessarily, ET can remain high even though they are not seeing the narcissist.
      2. The NCs will not necessarily increase because most people do not know how to do NC properly.

The problem for the IPSSs is that they are likely to be on the receiving end of comfort crumbs and knowing the narcissist may well be in lockdown with the IPPS.

1. Kim e says:

HG
        And what about the IPSS’s that have no idea about the IPPS that is not used to just getting crumbs? The CIPSS that was still in the golden period?
        Thanks

They will find the sudden “cooling off” perplexing and bewildering.

1. Kim e says:

HG.
            And no doubt this cooling off will cause the IPSS to “bug” the n about why don’t you talk to me like you used too
            Will the upheaval caused by the IPSS with her “wanting” more threats be enough for disengagement?
            Will it be enough for the IPSS to get fed up and ignore?
            Thanks HG. I appreciate your time

1. No, painted black and on the shelf.
            2. Possibly, but very unlikely.

3. Kim e says:

HG

2. Kim e says:

HG,
    I do believe that this virus is going to keep us at least in the states on lock down thru May and possibly June. How much of an impact with the length of the quarantine have on the N? Any? Some? None? Depends on how the E’s are responding?

See the book The Narcissist and Covid-19 and the forthcoming book The Narcissist in Lockdown.

3. Claire says:

Absolutely brilliant analysis, HG! You nailed it perfectly! I just read the book in one breath – thank you for your relentless work and guidance!
    I don’t want to give any spoilers but you in some of the examples you have used – I swear, ScoMo used the same words!
    My ET is very high today because I am still shaking my head in disbelief how people are so selfish – yesterday Bondi Beach was fully packed despite the ban of mass gatherings and the arrogant answers given from the tourists to the reporters why they didn’t comply with ban. Stunning lack of accountability and sense of entitlement!
    The future faking from the major supermarket CEOs how the elderly and vulnerable people are supported and the heartbreaking photo of an old lady crying in front of the empty shelves at her local store!
    The moronic athletes complaining that whichever sport event is cancelled or postponed and the lists can goes on .

This blog keeps me sane! 👍🏻

2. Narc noob says:

Hey Claire, I was wondering if ScoMo name was globally known. Ha ha, seems it might be?

Hello from the West.

4. Sunshine says:

Heya H.G.
    When is this happening? I’m getting impatient 🙂

Hello Sunshine, no idea my friend.

1. Sunshine says:

Stinker 😆

Have a raspberry my dear!

1. Sunshine says:

Oh H.G.
            Raspberry all you want, friend.
            I’ve been drinking orange juice and applying orange essential oil to every surface of my home. It’s almost as effective as orange mesh & copper! All the anti-vaxx websites say so!

OH! OT but curious; of hard-core anti-vaxxers, what percentage of them (in your estimation) are narcissists?
            Every militant anti-vaxxer I’ve encountered is Dunning-Kruger personified. Invariably, the stronger the argument posed to them, the bigger the Cartman-style meltdown they have.

I could not give you a percentage, however when you refer to a militant anti-vaxxer who ignores the scientific evidence, endlessly repeats discredited information and insists on forcing their views onto you, you will be dealing with a narcissist. The ones who are not militant are likely to be misguided normals.

3. theletterafterj says:

In 2015, I had no idea that I was dealing with Narcissists and, unfortunately, I Googled: why are people so dumb and the search led me to the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

Google Definition:
            In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is. It is related to the cognitive bias of illusory superiority and comes from the inability of people to recognize their lack of ability.

The DKE is misleading; I think it is NPD, in most cases, and I would have been on narcsite two years earlier.

5. fox says:

Looking forward to reading this one!

I think it’s also important to consider how this pandemic will affect our ET. As we see things worsen, worry and fear set in, and some will be tempted to reach out and check in with a narc even if they haven’t heard from them. Don’t do it! Stay strong, y’all. You’ve got this!

Wise words.

2. lisk says:

Nope! No need for a narc, especially now.

I pretty much now use HG as my virtual Narc surrogate. Sometimes I even pay him for it.

Whored out again I see!

1. WhoCares says:

Haha!

2. MB says:

Lisk, No need to settle for less than the best is my philosophy too!

6. Cloudy says:

Gullibility

Auto Correct

7. Cloudy says:

Hg

Any educational articles on gullibity of the narcissist available?

1. Cloudy says:

Okay

8. insidiousmarriagetoxicfuel says:

H.G. I am particularly curious as to how this pandemic will effect the the “double life”, of carrying on extramarital affairs that many narcs indulge themselves with. Seems that meeting up with the mistress won’t be as easy. I guess paying for a motel still remains an option, but how to explain to time that he uses to sneak away may require additional manuvering and this I would expect to cramp his lifestyle. Maybe the narc will find fuel CLOSER to homs..such as a neighbor or maybe even IN THE HOME…such as an in-law. That’s what I’d expect anyway. Id like to know your thoughts.

Keep reading.

1. Sunshine says:

Keep reading?
        Is the greatly anticipated new article published somewhere & I just can’t find it? 🤔

2. MB says:

I can’t wait to hear your thoughts, HG. I guess I’ll have to though!

2. Violetta says:

The hospitality industry is being hit pretty hard right now, so it may not be so easy.

9. WokeAF says:

Oh HG
    I helped babydaddy w food, cigs, etc the last month
    Bc of kid being at his house.
    Then COVID hit and even more so bc he’s now not working at his restaurant

So today I am on day one of delivering groceries to ppl – he has asked for a ride and i has said No bc of volunteering today
    And he texted me a nice furious entitlement speech about caring more about others than my own family.
    DAY ONE of volunteering – and my kid doesn’t need anything. He had said “we are in this together” —and I’d clarified “only as much as the kid is involved” every time he said it but today he played that card again anyhow.
    He wants my car ride, he wants smokes if I got em,thats all. FUCKING NARCS!

I clarified AGAIN – THIS is why I go NC other than kid. Bc if I give an INCH- then he tries to hook on and make what’s mine his.

I need that coparenting package for SURE now. As soon as our child tax top up comes in I’ll buy!!! The AUDACITY. Unreal. Yer not my problem buddy! “In this together“ my ass.

Oh by the way , according to him, Corona isn’t even dangerous – it’s a government plot to lock us into socialism.Dont trust the stats or numbers. Oh, and Trump is “his boy” for not panicking and he’s disappointed Trump caved . (By taking precautions)

I shudder to think where I’d be right now without your work HG.

So yes- the Narc will use COVID to hoover

1. K says:

“we are in this together” — WAF’s comment
      “but together we will overcome it” – C-19 SB2
      “let’s see this through together” – C19 SB3

There is clearly a pattern to NarcSpeak.

10. Cloudy says:

Hg

Can we gaslight this virus?

And do not rely on orange rubber webbing either.

1. Cloudy says:

Thank You.

2. Cloudy says:

Hg,

I heard somewhere that spraying cologne on yourself will help keep this virus away.

Looks like everything is up in the air at this time.

I see what you did there.

1. Cloudy says:

HG,

Your the best

😎

I know.

2. Violetta says:

Oh, the aristocrats thought that well into the 18th century too. “Bad air/miasma” caused disease. If it kept anyone safe, it’s only because unwashed flesh + perfume stinks worse than unwashed flesh, so even the plague victims didn’t want to get near them.

1. Cloudy says:

Absolutely

2. Cloudy says:

My grandparents didnt shower for weeks.

They both loved past 94

Lol

11. Supernova DE says:

HG,
    Will I need to obtain a new Prepaid Card to get this? You know what they say, always be prepared!

12. gwyneth100 says:

I am really looking forward to this article. I haven’t heard from any of my ex narcs yet, but one in particular used every big world event to get back in touch… either to “check on me” or to tell me I am the only one who could understand why this is so particularly upsetting for HIM. And for me to listen empathetically or sympathetically. Tsunami in Thailand, Shooting in Paris, shooting in Orlando, Trump winning the presidency – each led to him reestablishing contact. . It usually ended up with him asking to get together then physical intimacy and I always did. COVID could be really different for him though. Right now we are quarantine in Illinois…shelter in place. So he can’t come over for a great night or weekend and then blow me off. He doesn’t know how long this quarantine will last and actually being nice on text or telephone for weeks without anything physical will probably bore him. Super interested to hear what you say. Thanks!

1. Violetta says:

Gwyneth:

Can’t you tell him you’d love to see him as soon as your yeast infection clears up?

1. gwyneth100 says:

Haha! I actually haven’t spoken to that particular narc at all in over 2 years. I caught him cheating abbut 2 years ago, I didn’t understand narcs back then so I tried to tell his new girl about him. Of course he had prepared her and I played right into his hands. He was furious that I dared take him on. He’s an attorney and Tried to destroy me legally and did destroy me financially. I really don’t think he’ll contact me during COVID or ever again. I’m just interested in understanding how these people think. But I’ll remember yeast infection as an excuse if I’m ever ok to date again.

1. Violetta says:

It’s particularly useful because anyone can get one; the Narcs can’t assume you’ve been a Naughty Girl (the ignorant ones will anyhow). Antibiotics for a sinus infection or just not doing your yoghurt or buttermilk can cause candida albicans.

It is annoying enough, however, that most guys won’t want to go anywhere near it.

13. Pati says:

HG. Since your fuel Matrix is high,how are you handling social distancing with people.E.G. No gatherings etc. Is your IPPS enough for you?

I still have plenty of interaction, Pati, so there are no issues with regard to my fuel provision.

1. Pati says:

Thats great HG! Glad to hear. I hope you and SM stay healthy!

Thank you.

14. leighwarren17 says:

Jolly good! I cannot wait!

15. FYC says:

HG, I look forward to this. I have already received several unexpected hoovers from Ns I no longer interact with. Of course I did not take the bait. I am armored with KTN knowledge and LT. These attempts (messages delivered by unaware pawns) do not pass go, they go directly to NC jail. It is a great gift to see things so clearly now. Thank you.

You are welcome.

16. WhoCares says:

Looking forward to it HG!

1. Sunshine says:

Me, too!

No word from NOWIS; not surprised tho. He was pretty straightforward about not caring about me or our son.
      I checked the social media of his assisted living home… I know… tsk tsk

They held a big St Patrick’s day party for the residents & their guests.
      *** Yowza! ***

I did get a subtle hoover from an next-best friend narckie narck. I havent responded but I was very, very surprised.

The Covid-19 Soundbites (2)

The Covid-19 Soundbites (3)