The Heart Hooks No. 1 – Narc Sayings of Seduction

WE ARE SOULMATES

(This is a meme. There is no accompanying text.)

Did the narcissist say this to you? How was it conveyed, when was it conveyed and what was your response?

Do you believe in the concept of soulmates? If this phrase (or similar) was said to you, how did it make you feel? What did you believe by it?

12 thoughts on “The Heart Hooks No. 1 – Narc Sayings of Seduction

1. Deborah Lowder says:

Yes, narc said, we were soul mates and had been together in a previous life. Even told me where, the tribe and location. 🤣

1. lickemtomorrow says:

Wonder if he used the same tribe and location for all his victims?

Sounds like he had a real caveman mentality about him!

The concept of soulmates no doubt invented by a narcissist. Really think about it. Why would your “soul” need a mate? You were born whole, not as one half of a cheap necklace that must spend it’s life looking for the other half to be fulfilled. Complete poppycock.

Agreed.

2. alexissmith2016 says:

Like a twix

3. lickemtomorrow says:

Definitely poppycock, but it’s poppycock I’ve loved … up to now.

How can we explain love if there isn’t an element of destiny?

And I don’t mean the manufactured ‘destiny’ of the narcissist.

I do think there is an element of two people finding eachother.

I don’t think they were half until they were whole … but I do think they complement eachother somehow.

I’m probably never going to get off that bandwagon!

4. Fiddleress says:

In my mother tongue, ‘soulmate’ translates as ‘sister-soul’, the word ‘soul’ being feminine – ironically, since women were long deemed to have no soul by those who were supposed to save that supposed entity.
      Because of that, I reckon, I do not think of a ‘soulmate’ as being my ‘other half’ that would fulfill me, or complete me, but as a similar soul, indeed a ‘sister-soul’; I think of it more in terms of companionship, the person(s) that can come closest to understanding and knowing you, and vice versa. In this sense, I would say that my closest friend, that I met in high school and have known for thirty-odd years, is a sister-soul/soulmate. I believe you can have several in the course of your life, if you are lucky, and as friends too.

I must admit that I believed in having only one soulmate (because I used to find it so difficult to relate to people) when I was around twenty; I thought I had found him at that age, which is why I refused to have sex with him because we didn’t know each other well enough in my view, and I didn’t want sex to ruin everything. Well, my refusal ruined it all anyway: he gave me the longest silent treatment of my life. Then just as we had started speaking again, he died.
      With what I now know, I believe he was a narcissist and I have finally let him go, but his ghost certainly loomed large on my subsequent relationships with men, mainly narcissists. Not that I have had many. Relationships, I mean. But then I guess I was always looking in the wrong direction to find a romantic sister-soul, and didn’t know it when I did find it, once, after he died.

3. lickemtomorrow says:

We often talked in terms of synchronicity. It was meant to be.

“You are my rock”

“We’re like an old married couple”

Soulmates under different terms.

4. benitta ruphus says:

He’s a statistics guy.
    So said to me, “do you know you’re an outlier? We are outliers”
    “Just like the river flows to the sea, like minded people, we’re bound to meet and be together”
    “it’s rare to meet someone with the same mindset”
    “you’re unique, I’m unique”
    Many more on the similar lines lol. After talking to few of his exes, found he uses the same lines always.

5. December Infinity says:

I was never told this line. Once or twice, when he was in one of his frequent rages and then would storm off, he would text or say ‘I am no good for you’. That was only a pity play for attention.

As for soul mates, I think if you are to be someone’s soul mate, this is something that would develop over time and usually over years of being in someone’s life and sharing various experiences together. A narcissist could never legitimately be someone’s soul mate, as it would require time and intimacy, not to mention commitment to another person.

6. Asp Emp says:

“I’ve been looking for you all my life”. Yeah, I bet he has. Probably repeated to so many IPPS – before and after me.

7. Truthseeker6157 says:

“I could never be what you hoped I was.”

I really am a sucker for the tortured hero. It sticks, gets under your skin, makes you want to rescue. The perfect line to haunt me.

´Til Death Do Us Disengage