The Saviour Cadre of Empath

THE SAVIOUR EMPATH

There are four schools of empath (Co-Dependent, Standard, Super and Contagion). There are many cadres of empath which layer on to those schools. These cadres include the Carrier, the Magnet and the Geyser, about which I have written previously. A further cadre is that of the Saviour Empath.

The Saviour Empath’s mission is to heal and to save, to ensure that good prevails. They are the archetypal believer in the idea that there is some good in everybody. With regard to our kind, the Saviour Empath does not consider that we are intrinsically ‘evil’ or ‘bad’. They prefer to adopt the view that there is good locked away inside of us and that it just has to be discovered, unlocked and set free. This notion of course and the desire to address this apparent goodness is a very strong binder which enables us to keep a hold on the Saviour Empath. Indeed, there are those of our kind who will play on this concept and this is addressed below.

The Saviour Empath feels an overriding need to save the world. They wish to right the wrongs, heal the sick, tend to the injured and ensure that injustices are overturned. It is this desire which is at the very heart of the Saviour Empath. The Saviour Empath is often someone who subscribes to a belief system (whether it is organised religion, karma, paganism or similar) although the absence of such a belief does not discount the person as being a Saviour Empath, but a reliance on a belief system is a hallmark of the Saviour Empath.  How does this manifest with regard to each school of empath?

Standard Empath  – the Saviour Standard Empath regards it as imperative that he or she comes to the aid of people. They will donate to charity, help out voluntary organisations and are giving of their time. With regard to the narcissist, this manifests as adopting a sympathetic and compassionate approach to the unusual behaviours (when the empath is not aware they are ensnared by a narcissist) of the narcissist. Accordingly, they regard the narcissist as a ‘good’ person (supported by the narcissist’s illusory behaviour during the golden period) and therefore when devaluation occurs they will ascribe the behaviour to arising from a third party event rather than seeing it as the behaviour of the narcissist at work. The Standard Empath wants to assist the narcissist and does so by trying to understand and offer solutions linked to the aberrant behaviour that is being witnessed. The Saviour Standard Empath whilst wanting to save the narcissist from whatever terrible third party event or influence that is causing the behaviour (for example, is the narcissist struggling at work, is he stressed, has he got problems with money or drink?). The Saviour Standard Empath will put themselves in the firing line when trying to assist, but they do not tend to regard the problem as much to do with them but rather another factor which they want to tackle and overcome.

Super Empath – the Saviour Super Empath is akin to a caped crusader who fires into action whenever he or she witnesses injustice. They cannot help but interfere when really it is not their business (this is the narcissistic trait of selfishness coming to the fore momentarily). The Saviour Super Empath will not turn a blind eye to someone in trouble, they will help the injured person and then look to tackle the perpetrator (or at least bring them to account through formal channels). Thus is the Saviour Super Empath sees someone being attacked, they will help the victim, look to fight off the attacker and/or chase them down, either themselves or enlisting help. They cannot let any kind of injustice go unaddressed. The Saviour Super Empath has a very strong moral compass and therefore when they see something that is wrong, it very much boils their piss so they spring into action. Whilst they always look to help people, what really matters to the Saviour Super Empath is bringing people to account for their actions. If they see a person cutting into a queue (line) they will upbraid the offender. If they witness a person stealing, they will look to stop them or report them. The Saviour Super Empath is a firm believer in the need for good to prevail, whether this is in a situation or in a person. With regard to the narcissist that a Saviour Super Empath is embroiled with, the Saviour Super Empath knows that this person has a kernel of goodness and if they only triedto embrace it, let it shine etc then such a difference will appear. They believe the narcissist has it inside of them to make adjustments, amend their behaviour and harness the intrinsic goodness inside of them. The Saviour Super Empath knows that they are a force for good and they believe that the narcissist can do the same. The Saviour Super Empath recognises that they themselves are good people but that they have some degree of edge to them (their narcissistic traits appearing from time to time) and they often regard the narcissist in the same light – a person who has edge but is intrinsically good – and this fools the Saviour Super Empath in to wanting to assist and save the narcissist.

The Co-Dependent – the Co-Dependent who is of the Saviour Cadre finds the world to be a terrible place and wishes to administer succour to the downtrodden, to assist the hurt, and to heal the wounds of the injured. They are less concerned about bringing the offender to justice and more about attending to the people who are left cowering and broken in the wake of oppression and violence. The Saviour Co-Dependent is a person who is extremely caring and compassionate – the type of person who would join Medicins Sans Frontieres and arriving at the scene of a humanitarian disaster would work themselves into the ground to try and ease the suffering of each and every person even though it is an impossible task. They are often overwhelmed by the cruelty of the world and despair at its evil ways, but this will not stop them from trying to save each and every person who is in need of help. This applies to the way they engage with the narcissist. The Saviour Co-Dependent (“SCD”) knows and is absolutely convinced that the narcissist is at heart a good person and with the right application of guidance, support, compassion and tolerance the narcissist will change, will improve and let that goodness shine. The SCD will not give up on the narcissist, even to personal cost to themselves. They know that redemption is just around the corner, that improvement is on the horizon and they will, with a zeal bordering on delusion, grasp at any sign of improvement or alteration in the narcissist’s behaviour as evidence that their faith has not proven incorrect.

The SCD will flagellate themselves in the pursuit of trying to help and heal the narcissist, their emotional thinking and innate desire to do good, plus their own need to achieve validation through their giving of themselves means he or she will continue to try to achieve the impossible. They will not wish to give up, they will see glimmers of hope, slivers of optimism and fragments of possibility in order to achieve their aim of saving the narcissist.

The Contagion – the Saviour Contagion Empath (“SCE”) will manifest their desire to assist as a consequence of the severe impact felt by them of the negative energy, suffering and misery that accompanies the human condition. The desire to save and resolve, to eradicate the diseased and bring about the healing is different to that of the other schools of empath. The SCE needs to achieve this in order to secure balance, which is their primary aim. By redressing the bad, through their saving good works then balance is restored and the polluting impact upon them of the negative energy which they feel – the manifestation of the woe, misery and hurt that others feel – is removed and no longer (albeit temporarily) ceases to be a burden upon them. With regard to the narcissist, the removal of the dark energy surrounding and flowing from the narcissist’s behaviours has a considerable impact on the finely-tuned SCE. In order to alleviate their own pain, in order to prevent themselves from being consumed by the darkness which they acutely feel, the SCE seeks to save the narcissist from their dark self. They similarly wish to achieve balance with their own personal narcissist or narcissists.

How are these various schools of Saviour Empath regarded by our brethren? As you might expect, the SE is naturally desired by narcissists for their empathic traits, class and special traits too. Accordingly, no narcissist will ever shy away from the ensnaring of the SE. There are certain schools and cadres of narcissist however that desire the SE in particular.

Victim Narcissists desire the Saviour Empath owing to their need to be mothered, looked after and saved from their various ailments (real or imagined). The SE’s desire to bring about healing and resolution is savoured by this cadre of narcissist. Lesser Narcissists will not turn away a Saviour Empath, but they are not favoured (unless the Lesser is of the Victim Cadre) since the Lesser has no truck with the idea of being healed or saved. From what? Will be the mocking response as their  complete lack of self-awareness means that they have no comprehension or need to be saved in that manner.

Mid Range Narcissists treasure Saviour Empaths because of the fact that some Mid Range Narcissists like to play the ‘troubled soul’ or ‘personal demons’ approach. Whilst unaware of what they are, their awareness that there is something not quite right, coupled with their passive behaviours and need for attention, means that the Mid Range Narcissist truly sees the Saviour Empath as the one who will save him from himself, even though this is just part of the manipulation to keep the Saviour Empath hooked. The Mid Range will revel in becoming the pet project for the Saviour Empath and will instinctively play along by tossing a bone of apparent awareness or improvement in order to maintain the hoped for glorious redemption that the Saviour Empath craves.

The Greater Narcissist is likely to prefer other cadres but again is not going to kick the Saviour Empath out of bed for eating crisps. The Greater may find tormenting the Saviour Empath a delightful machination by increasing the visibility of their dark side so that the Saviour Empath sees a challenge which has to be surmounted. Of course, the Saviour Empath is blind to the fact that the Greater cannot be healed or saved, but that will not stop the Saviour Empath from trying time and time again.

The Empath Detector

48 thoughts on “The Saviour Cadre of Empath

1. leelasfuelstinks says:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I want more Savior traits! *throwing a tantrum* 😀 😉

1. A Victor says:

Why Leela?? You’re perfect as you are!

1. leelasfuelstinks says:

Because I wanna do so much more for a better world. So much injustice in this world. So many people suffering, people dying, children being abused, cruelty against animals! This planet is being destroyed by people of H.G.s kind. 🙁

1. A Victor says:

Oh, I see. Yes, the hurt in the world is overwhelming sometimes. Thank you for your answer, I was curious but this makes sense. Is it difficult to do this as a Carrier? Or is it not at the forefront of your mind as it is a Savior’s? I wish I understood more about the Savior aspect, partly why I am asking, I see the injustice but don’t “do” much about it. Though I did try to raise my children very much aware of such things and maybe that was my contribution, so to speak.

1. leelasfuelstinks says:

I stopped buying stuff from certain assholes! I could rant about the whole injustice, the whole damage they do to people. Decided to not buy their shit and not support the injustice there! Not supporting the suffering and death of other people. But that´s not enough! We could do more but many people got lazy and ignorant. They do not or do not want to see what is happening in this world!!

2. A Victor says:

I agree, many prefer to live in their ignorance. And, many are blinded to truth also.

3. leelasfuelstinks says:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES AND THAT GETS THE HOT WATER BOILING IN ME!!!!!!!!! 😡🤬It´s Geyser alert 😂

4. A Victor says:

😁 Me too!!! Pet peeve! Educate yourself people, care enough to do so. Drives me crazy!

5. BC30 says:

Breathe , babe, breathe! 😙

6. leelasfuelstinks says:

Pheeew, Aaaw! Pheeew, Aaaaw! 😂

7. Leigh says:

AV, you said on another post about your son, “I worry about him being abused by narcissists, he is a young man for sure, but soft, if that makes sense, and I worry about him being vulnerable.” That’s the savior trait. You want to protect & shield him from narcissism.

8. A Victor says:

Okay, thank you! That does make sense!

9. Melmel says:

AV – Raising your children is not just your contribution; it is heroic to do this, and succeed while remaining in the relationship! (which is pretty much impossible to avoid when you have children with them)

You DID protect them from the narcissism and that is Saviour AND Super… Every move you made to perform this act for your children’s benefit, likely required some eroding of your emotional empathy for the narcissist, allowing your narcissistic traits to “shine” to raise a shield around them. This would have been difficult because you weren’t feeding the addiction and you were going contrary to your Empathic traits. This constant interaction with your narcissist and erosion of your emotional empathy would have caused your Emotional Thinking to be quite high, but you were able to overcome the ET for your narcissist with Empathy for your children, AND a corresponding action that likely felt odd or uncomfortable.

10. A Victor says:

Aw, thanks for the kind words. Raising my children was a blessing to me, not heroic in the least. You know how much we love our children, it makes it a joy.

My ex has been gone for almost 11 years, virtually NC during that time. It became much easier once he was gone.

11. leelasfuelstinks says:

So. That is why I have very strong and radical political views. Decided to spare you all from them but I´m sure everybody can guess what they are 😉 🤭 This is by the way the reason why I thought that I have way more Savior traits than the ECD showed. Instead of a rant about this and that I take the empathic approach to explain why I have such strong views. 😊 It´s just another arena to heal and fix, at least try. Anyway, I´m here to encourage, help and study and not to discuss politics 😄

12. A Victor says:

Leela, I am with you on all of that. I wouldn’t guess your politics, they don’t make a difference to me. I don’t care where people fall add long as they have done so thoughtfully, really seeking knowledge and truth, and not only regarding politics but everything. I didn’t realize Savior was where the passion comes from, I suppose it makes some sense though. And it explains why it wears me out. I wholeheartedly agree especially with your last line. Those conversations are left to others.

13. leelasfuelstinks says:

Those discussions would be off-topic anyway and don´t belong here! 🙂 What I found extremely interesting that also Empaths can take one side or another and I´m 100 % whatever side an Empath takes, it´s done with good intentions, out of the desire to do good, to heal and fix, to protect and save. 🥰 At least I guessed that the passion comes from Savior, another reason why I almost fell from the couch, when EDC results came back 😂 But after analyzing all this and my own behavior: H.G. was, as always, right, correct and accurate! 👍

2. Leigh says:

Its so interesting how it manifests differently in all of us. For me, I want to save one problem, person or issue at a time. Thinking about all the suffering is too overwhelming. I like to concentrate on one. I wonder if its because you’re majority Super Empath that you think about fixing the whole.

1. leelasfuelstinks says:

Good question, that could be the case. 🤔

2. BC30 says:

SO overwhelming!! I think you may be right about Leela too.

When we went to hell in a hand basket, I decided that I could only take care of my duties in my field. I could not focus on other battles.

3. BC30 says:

It’s highly taxing!

I suspect those who have significant Super have a good amount of Savior or Carrier; it seems required by definition.

1. leelasfuelstinks says:

Interesting aspect! 🤔 Makes sense as many Supers, Saviors and Carriers are ACONs.

2. BC30 says:

Really?! How do you know many of them are ACONS? Has it been discussed and I missed it?!

3. leelasfuelstinks says:

No, I read it somewhere. I think we haven´t had a deep discussion about it yet. I raised somewhere the question but we didn´t discuss it.

4. A Victor says:

Leela, I remember when you brought that up before but it might be difficult to discuss and honor the EDC protocol of confidentiality. It would be interesting though, could it be done through an anonymous poll?

5. leelasfuelstinks says:

OH YES! Good idea! But I think Carrier we can discuss because H.G. has written that in an article that Carriers are mostly ACONs.

6. A Victor says:

This is interesting as I am an ACON. I wonder why it is so.

7. leelasfuelstinks says:

Me too. H.G. wrote also an article about Carrier empaths where he wrote that many Carriers are ACONs.

8. BC30 says:

Which article?

4. Alexissmith2016 says:

It’s interesting, I would have thought if you’re a carrier, you’d also have a strong saviour trait too. I get the saviour without carrier but it’s more difficult for me to understand the other way round?

1. leelasfuelstinks says:

I´m mostly, overwhelmingly Carrier, Savior is only a small part. I may carry a lot but in certain situation I don´t carry! I save! Because certain things like bullying are just NO GO! 😖 Maybe this way?

2. BC30 says:

It manifests in all areas of life and won’t be the same all the time, so I think if you go back and look at the initial ED materials, there are many scenarios.

3. leelasfuelstinks says:

I´m sure there are. Will try to remember those situations.

4. A Victor says:

I relistened to my EDC yesterday and heard several “new” things, it was very interesting. It happens with all of HG’s material, the more I learn, the more I get from each piece.

5. A Victor says:

Ah, and I am more likely to stop carrying than to stop wanting to save someone. I recognize at times that the most effective way to help someone be better is to stop carrying for them. These discussions are so beneficial toward fleshing out the meaning of these things. Carrier I feel like is very easy to identify. Savior, I think, isn’t as visually noticeable maybe.

6. WhoCares says:

Carrier empath here, but zero Saviour traits.

2. leelasfuelstinks says:

Okay: When it comes to handle difficult people, difficult situation, very emotional situation, when it comes to stay calm and practically solve the problem I´m the women to go! 😎🦾

1. A Victor says:

Oh, okay, this is a different aspect that I didn’t realize, though you and I have discussed it before. Thank you, maybe this time, said this way, it will stick in my understanding more. I hate emotion from others but maybe that’s because my emotional empathy has been stressed for so long. It is starting to calm down and I do seem to have more resource for handling such. I like your emoticons here, very visual!

1. BC30 says:

Are you Magnet? I would think that might be taxing, feeling emotional empathy if there is nothing else to absorb the emotion. Only one person on the blog has shared that they are more than significant Magnet.

2. A Victor says:

Not one percent. I wish I had a little, it might make me more receptive to people. I think empath’s in general must attract people, I do anyway, but then I’m always trying to avoid them.

3. BC30 says:

I’m Magnet, and I’ve realized how it manifests for me is SECRETS. People feel 100% confessing their “sins” to me or sharing secret truths. Several people “came out of the closet” (sexuality and gender identity) to me before anyone else.

4. A Victor says:

I have a daughter like that, she’s in healthcare and is one of the most compassionate people I’ve ever met. I’m trying to get her to do the EDC but so far unsuccessfully.

2. Alexissmith2016 says:

not always a good trait and I don’t always use as described, for example if I saw someone shoplifting I would be thinking perhaps this person can’t afford it so i certainly wouldn’t deter them from doing so, at least not if it was a big corporate, different if it’s a small business. Still moral just perhaps not a legal sort of moral. On the other hand if I witnessed someone being bullied at work, depending on the circumstances I may pull someone up on it, but that can always be embarrassing for the person. So more than likely I would be surreptitious about it. I would and have done all I can to turn things around and boost that persons popularity (the victim) whilst damaging the other persons. To my detriment and unknowingly I’ve helped out a few cerebral type narcs in this way. Ugh. No fucking more!

1. leelasfuelstinks says:

Okay, when I see someone who gets bullied I step in too. I step in by talking and trying to solve the conflict, trying to find a peaceful solution for everybody. I try to find out why this is happening and try to offer a solution which stops the bullying, listening to both sides and making suggestions how they could peacefully interact with each other in the future. Guess thats a Savoir-Carrier-mish-mash-approach. 😁

1. BC30 says:

Hahahaha mish mash. The few times I have enacted justice against a bully they never found out. You have to wait until the time is right. Unless they are causing immediate physical harm, I wait it out.

1. leelasfuelstinks says:

Total mish-mash! 😂 I don´t jump in immediately like a Savior would do, I first plan and think about it, analzye, and then, when I found the right solution, I step in for a serious talk.

2. A Victor says:

Alexissmith, I have been considering this comment. I agree that the thought of the thief needing to eat comes to my mind but I still would have trouble with the idea of not stopping the crime. But most likely, if I thought they really couldn’t afford a loaf of bread, I’d just pay for it for them, which would solve my moral dilemma and also allow them to eat. Seriously, this took me 2 days to think through!!

2. psychologyandworldaffairs says:

Brings back old memories of a friend. She said she had been on over 30 dog walking dates – before deciding on two dog walking friends. I recognise now she had picked out a Saviour Super Empath and myself the Saviour Contagion Empath. We were both there on a pack walk, when she created a drama with another lady about her dog.

Whilst the Saviour Super Empath, immediately jumped in, I could feel the upset the target felt and sense of victimisation resulting. I refused to take sides, or get involved – I could see from both aspects. I talked to the Saviour Super Empath – who did apologise to the lady – who unfortunately was not in a state of mind to accept.

My unwillingness not to unquestioningly take her side, made her feel betrayed. I also realise this aspect of feeling another’s emotions and understanding their view points must have annoyed my Narc ex no end.

The Magnet Empath