Fighting Back – How To Handle the Narcissist in Court

Untitled design-3

This Logic Bulletin provides you with a considerable array of information about how you deal with the narcissist at a court hearing.

Whether it is recovering money or property, a hearing about child arrangements, dealing with divorce or a dispute over a boundary there is a significant chance you will end up in court at some point with a narcissist.

This bulletin enables you to understand the a huge amount about attending the court hearing where a narcissist is involved and includes the following:-

• How the narcissist will behave in court, broken down between the different schools of narcissist
  • What the narcissist wants from the court hearing
  • How the narcissist will behave towards you at a court hearing
  • How the narcissist will use Lieutenants and The Coterie at a court hearing
  • What you can do to maximise your prospects of success at the court hearing
  • How you should handle the narcissist at the court hearing
  • How the narcissist will try to hoover you at this court hearing
  • Key considerations you need to understand with regard to your lawyer, court officials and court experts
  • How you should conduct yourself in the court hearing
  • The standard manipulations you can expect from the narcissist
  • A series of practical steps and “Best practice” for you to use to not only succeed but to avoid increase anxiety and upset with regard to the process
  • Plus much, much more.

This Logic Bulletin will save you thousands in legal fees, hours of wasted time and reduce and remove your fear, anxiety and stress. It is available for the low price of just US $ 20 and is the best investment you will ever make with regard to being involved with the narcissist at a court hearing. To obtain this insightful material, just use the link below to access immediately detailed audio material.

How To Handle The Narcissist At Court

13 thoughts on “Fighting Back – How To Handle the Narcissist in Court

1. WhoCares says:

Thank-you for taking time to address this.
    To get more specific; when one is self-representing, naturally, the focus should be about facts, evidence and law if you take your role as ‘amateur lawyer’ seriously – which personally I did. But my most recent experience with this was a judge not allowing to me to address my additional “facts and evidence” but instead I was put on the spot by a question that required an emotional response; so I likely looked evasive myself because I was so prepared to be unemotional that I found myself backpedaling to meet some kind of expectation that I imagined the judge wanted to see. Also, in maintaining my emotional distance I referred to my ex as ‘the respondent’ but the the judge saw that as disrespectful and reminded me that he ‘had a name’. In the end the judge still ordered in my favour but afterwards I got the feeling that the judge expected me to a bit more “human”..
    just to clarify though and absolutely confirm; following your directions as laid out in your article above most certainly caused my ex to act in a way that will sink his own ship. He angered the judge and is now walking on thin ice.

2. WhoCares says:

HG,

This IS excellent info and managing one’s own emotional reaction to the narcissist in the court setting most certainly results in the narc attempting to get fuel in other ways – and helps toward flushing out his/behaviours.

If you don’t mind providing your opinion; in a situation where both parties are self-representing (so there is no 3rd party barrier in the form of lawyers) and in that same situation the judge involved may be expecting to see some compassion on the part of the applicant or the respondent; what would you recommend if the judge deem your lack of response as dispassion or even disrespect?

Do you mean if you show no emotional response during a hearing? There is no issue with showing an emotional response to something the judge might ask, or the court expert for example, so long as you do not react to the narcissist. I don’t think a judge would expect you to show compassion – it is a court room and whilst emotions do run high and judges recognise that, they are interested in facts, evidence and law – not emotions.

3. purpleinnature says:

This is incredibly helpful! It’s very possible that I will end up in court with my ex, and maybe even mediation (shiver). I’ve been playing these scenarios out in my head, trying to figure out what to do in all situations. This article is gold!! Don’t look at him… got it. Maybe give a few yawns and pick at my nails and maybe give my lawyer some subtle looks of admiration. Nice.

A couple years ago, he sued our former boss for some wages (he actually did have a case), and one thing that sticks out in my mind is how he commented that our boss wouldn’t look at him and his wife wouldn’t look at him. He mentioned it as an implication that it was a sign that they knew they were in the wrong, and I’ve been worried he’ll think the same thing about me if I don’t look at him. Oh for God’s sakes!! Of course he’s going to think I’m in the wrong whether I look at him or not! There I go with my emotional thinking again. Why not make the choice that will piss him off and possibly cause him to make an ass of himself?!?! Thanks HG!!! Duh!!

You are welcome.

2. WhoCares says:

Hello purpleinnature,

For your own peace of mind and knowledge, if you end up in mediation, you may want to inquire if it is a ‘open’ or ‘closed’ mediation (closed means you cannot bring it up later in court). Also, you can request shuttle format in some cases, where the mediator has both of you in separate rooms, so you are not in each other’s physical presence, and the mediator shuttles back and forth during discussion.

1. purpleinnature says:

Thank you very much! I will keep that in mind. I am sure that if we end up in mediation, he will disrespect the protocol of communicating through my lawyer and will belittle me directly, demand I look at him and accuse me of being a liar and breaking my promises. I would really like to avoid that, as it will be extremely difficult to remain stone-faced in that situation. Plus it will just suck big time. Lol. I should probably not think about it until it becomes inevitable.

2. WhoCares says:

Purpleinnature

“he will disrespect the protocol of communicating through my lawyer and will belittle me directly, demand I look at him and accuse me of being a liar and breaking my promises. I would really like to avoid that, as it will be extremely difficult to remain stone-faced in that situation.”

Mine was pleasant as can be in mediation; even feigned concern that I made time in my schedule during a time-limited work contract to attend the mediation. He pulled the “I never hit you; did I?” in front of the mediator and then snuck in snippets of phrases and comments that only I would understand the origin of…like things that went back to ‘inside jokes’ on our first date – that later would take on a negative cast during devaluation.
        That was the first mediation, the next was shuttle format in separate rooms.
        He even lightly flirted with the mediator – amazing.

One other thing; get to know your mediator if you can. I chose ours because I had witnessed her manner in other circumstances and I knew that she knew her stuff. Mediation never worked for us but I think it was partly because she was aware that mediation does not always work for everyone – and narcissists will definitely exploit the situation.

3. purpleinnature says:

Whocares – maybe you’re right. I assume he will act that way because that’s exactly what he did when he sued our former boss. But maybe he will treat me differently depending on his Hoover hopes. He is full of surprises, after all. Ugh. I haven’t been able to serve him the divorce petition anyway after two weeks of trying. With any luck, the decree will just be entered by default and I won’t have to deal with court at all. Somehow I think it’s not going to be that easy… but like I said, he’s full of surprises.

4. mollyb5 says:

Find a male lawyer that doesn’t like it men who take advantage of women . A very tough male lawyer that knows how men will act and will not let the narc get away with bullshit. Women need to ask wealthy women who have done well in court for references . One that knows the Narcs lawyer from school LoL
    Great advice HG .

5. K M says:

Thanks HG. Wow just amazing info

6. HG,
    As I stated in our consultation session, I am currently going through a divorce with my narc. It is a simple divorce, no children, and has dragged on for 7 months now. She tries to provoke me any way she can. This is her MO, as she typically bullies people into submission. But not me. I’m going to be the only one who has ever stood up to her until the end.

7. abrokenwing says:

Very helpful and timely advice for me personally. My ex husband recently moved abroad and soon after he stopped paying child maintenance so this is what I will have go through now. Unfortunately.

Provocation