Can You Have A Successful Intimate Relationship With A Narcissist?

CAN YOU HAVE A SUCCESSFUL INTIMATE RELATIONSHIP WITH A NARCISSIST

Surely you can, yes? Just heap on the compliments. Or maybe be completely compliant? Or maybe you need to follow a lot of the awful ‘advice’ out there about how you can control/manipulate/co-exist with the narcissist. Or you could get weaponised and listen to this instead.

Listen to the insight here

10 thoughts on “Can You Have A Successful Intimate Relationship With A Narcissist?

1. Lori says:

Nope because no matter how many compliments you give or how compliant you are, they eventually tire of you. On top of tiring of you, they lose respect for you when they see you catering to them to that extent. You are no longet a challenge and therefore not worthy of their time and if you put up with that kind of shit then certainly there must be something wrong with you.

One of my narcs said “no one normal stays with me.” So thought process is if you stay with them you are damaged goods

Cater to them you get discarded. Don’t cater to them you get discarded. I’m the end there will be a discard we just determine how long it takes

1. J says:

Same girl. My narc boytoy is a demon

2. cogra002 says:

Listened to the video. Of of your most forceful. The fuel matrix behind the scenes, I’ve become very aware of keeping that in the forefront of my mind. It makes the rest of the behavior make sense, as you go up and down the Narcs periods of kind and cruel, in and out of touch, etc

3. Kathleen says:

HG- love this one.
    Wondering if you could perhaps describe (maybe it’s a topic for an article in future). Sketching out a typical LTR with a narc. what’s expected to occur when an IPPS stays around. what day to day/typical dynamics, what type of existence or problems would you predict if you’re a long term IPPS involved with a man or a woman?
    I’m still thinking that there’s potential for a drama to be written… Or maybe it already has been LOL like “who’s afraid of Virginia Woolf” is a good one with raving narc (liz taylor)

Thank you Kathleen, much of what is contained in the articles appertains to what you refer to.

2. Whitney says:

Kathleen, it was the worst experience of my life. My hair literally fell out. It was walking on eggshells. Every day was unpredictable. All kinds of manipulations. So confusing. HG saved me.

4. neverchangeamanda says:

An aha moment! Thank you HG!

Mine never raised his voice to me or was “directly” unkind, but I suffered through many little corrections. If it wasn’t periods of silence (most used, not often though until my final ciao), then it was unusual comments or questions that scared me.

“What would you do, if you got home from work and were attacked getting out of your car? (I work afternoon shifts so it’s always dark when I get home).

“What would happen to you if your car tyres were damaged and you couldn’t get home?

“If someone tried to abduct you, would you fight?”.

Etc etc.

Not directly a threat, but a suggestion of a threat was handed out. Enough impact to make me worry about why he would say that when we were just talking. Mind you, I will note in hindsight, that I had been a little sassy or questioning of him, on those occasions.

I worked with mine, 4 days a week, for 2 years and he always tried to insist to our in-charge that he would work with me. He would go to great lengths to secure being my team mate on every shift. I swapped my shifts to match his so we were always together.

If he was going on break, he would come and find me and insist that I would go with him. ALWAYS.

And I was always so confused! Why does he want to be around me all of the time when some of the time he seems frustrated at me anyway.

Or why does he always want to work with me, and then when then he sees the pretty new girl walk past, he’s gone after her and leaves me to do the work? Or why does he want to work with me and then provokes other staff members on purpose? Why does he bait others for a reaction and then seem satisfied when he got one.

But now I get it. He wouldn’t stop making me nuts, so I didn’t just threatened to get a new job. I did get a new job.

I left him. At least, that was the way he saw it. It wasn’t that way at all, I just wanted to not be made crazy 4 days a week. I thought the threat of losing me would make him stop it all. But obviously that could never be. So when I did leave, I wounded him?

And that’s why I got discarded.

5. Pati says:

HG this makes a lot of sense. Your right I dont know what is going on in his fuel matrix. Maybe somebody else is providing him with more fuel that he craves.

Exactly, thus this is yet another reason why you should apply GOSO.

1. Pati says:

Thank you for your honesty HG!

Prey