Brilliance, Baloney or Bullshit?

BRILLIANCE-BALONEY-OR-BULLSHIT

FR David once declared, “Words don’t come easy to me.”

He must not have belonged to Narc Club because we love words and using them. Why is that? They are so easy to use and so powerful. We use words to charm, to seduce, to astound, to amuse, to arouse, to hurt, to wound, to put down, to terrify, to lash out, to apologise, to correct, to mollify, to appease and to hoover.

We actually only use them for one thing.

To control.

Words are far more attractive than action. This is because words form on our lips in an instant, they tap into your empathic and narcissistic traits so readily to ensure we wrap our controlling tendrils about you. Words enable control. Words garner fuel. Words cost nothing. Words vanish into the ether. Words can be denied. Words can be twisted. Words can be fabricated. Words can be lost. Words can be found.

Words come very easy to us.

What comes from our mouths is a product of our narcissism, refined of course by our school. Face a Lesser Narcissist and you can expect direct comments, wild boasts, raged-filled tirades and mammoth exaggerations. Those words issued by the Lesser will not be winning any Booker Prizes, but they remain effective. They are effective because they cost the lazy lesser nothing to use and they enable him to achieve control.

Should the words come pouring from a Mid Range Narcissist, these range from Long Involved Explanations, grandiose prose feigning some Romantic poet, mealy-mouthed apologies, angst-ridden pity plays, sobbing symphonies seeking sympathy and pompous posturing by the fireplace of arrogance. Mid Rangers can be accomplished wordsmiths, doling out some delicious word salads, getting you on the merry go round of Circular Conversations and making frequent use of plausible deniability, with the “I did not quite say that,” or “you have not remembered what I said correct” or “I would explain again but it is quite clear you do not understand what I mean.”

When the Greater lets the serpent´s tongue emerge, instinct largely slips away and if you are the rare victim of the Greater you will find yourself on the receiving end of the calculated, probing, forensic comments where each word has been carefully considered to ensure maximum impact. Nothing is wasted, every word counts and the savage sentences see your throat ripped out as we still stand smiling at you and you slowly start to realise that you died five seconds ago but your brain is just catching up.

Of course all three schools use words in the context of the Narcissist´s Conditional Asterisk and all three schools will use words purely to control because not only are they so much less effort to use, they also provide a fantastic return for the minimum expenditure of effort and that ratio of effort as against return is central to our behaviours.

Sometimes we exhibit brilliance in our words. Often our kind demonstrate baloney although you may take some time to ascertain that this is what has just been spouted. Similarly often there is just pure bullshit spouted by the narcissist. Again, you may be slow to have realised this, your emotional thinking clouding your application of logic. Occasionally you know that this stinking pile of excrement is being dumped on you but you fail to get out of the way, you emotional thinking addled-mind struggling under the steaming load that has been deposited your way. Invariably, it is only afterwards, with the cleansing effect of Logical Thinking that you will clear away the dung and see the comment for what it was, leaving you incredulous, shaking your head and your gast flabbered.

Our kind come out with choice examples of utter bollocks, but of course, from the uttering narcissist it is deemed to be entirely apt for the purposes of asserting control and the clouding effect of emotional thinking ensures that the comment gets the narcissist over the finishing line of control.

On this occasion we are focusing on the bullshit and the floor is open to you to provide us with the golden turds that your narcissist said, wrote or carved into a tree near your house. Let’s have those one or two lines which contained a choice example and feel free to expand on how you felt and how you reacted to it.

The floor is yours, just watch where you tread……

10 thoughts on “Brilliance, Baloney or Bullshit?

1. HeatherG says:

How about “i don’t tell any more lies than the average person.” That was a big porky🤣

2. truthseeker6157 says:

Suspected Narc disappears for 8 months. Contact instigated by me, on his birthday because, I suspected vanity would cause him to check to see if I had messaged. He did check. The conversation was about his reason for disappearing after our second date.
    Me ‘ ‘You should have just closed it down if you weren’t interested. ‘Sorry, not interested, all that was needed.’
    Him ‘ It wasn’t about not being interested. It was more about, perception, achievement, standards, knowing when you are out of your depth……. It was my perception of what was best for you.’
    Me ‘ But why just disappear without talking to me about it?’
    Him ‘ Because I couldn’t see why someone with pedigree would want a mongrel.’
    How did I feel? Heartbroken. What did I do? Tried to fix it.

3. Fiddleress says:

I can’t resist sharing this one (NOW he will recognize himself if he ever comes across this blog, but may not know exactly which one of the persons he has said this to, is writing here…):

“I will be awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature, posthumously, so that my daughter” – blimey, her again ! – “will not have to pay any taxes.” (Not sure I get the last part.)
    This, from someone who has never published a thing, and who lives on social welfare, i.e. money from the taxes paid by others – me included !

4. heloiseandabelarde says:

“Our love is like riding down the edge of a razor with roses and flames on both sides”. Was this love bombing? Word salad? It was written during a hoover attempt. I suppose I was meant to be wowed but found it more puzzling than anything. Written by a lower mid ranger.

It sounds like a combo of absinthe and acid.

Must be a Mid. It’s not smooth enough for a Greater and the Lesser version would be something like: “our love feels like orange juice in a busted lip”.

1. heloiseandabelarde says:

Hmmm, absinthe and acid. A new recreational cocktail psychedlic! Must try it. Thank you for making me laugh, NarcAngel!
        Also “orange juice in a busted lip”– you should write a book of poetry!

2. Violetta says:

NA:

We need to form a band. “Orange Juice in a Busted Lip” will be our first single, and I’m working on “My Heart Got Stomped in the Mosh Pit of Your Love.”

5. Bibi says:

“The fireplace of arrogance.” a beautiful phase. I have yet to see such from a ‘Booker’ winner. I hate Booker winners. Ian McEwan–how many cliches can he fill in a single sentence? He sucks my shower nozzle. Ugh. Give me Hart Crane.

1. lisk says:

I don’t know.

I’d be okay with V.S. Naipal or Kingsley Amis or Kazuo Ishiguro or Roddy Doyle or Graham Swift.

2. Violetta says:

“sucks my shower nozzle.” Oh, Bibi, who knew you were a poet?