Little Acons – No. 9

SHOW MERESPECT

A series of memes which encapsulates the mind set of the narcissistic parent towards their child resulting in the creation of the Adult Child of a Narcissist.

16 thoughts on “Little Acons – No. 9

1. MsSevyn says:

Because I won’t show you any!

2. Call Rodney Dangerfield, he got no respect either.

3. sarabella says:

But, the same respect they demanded was not resiprocated. I sometimes can’t tell the difference between legacy Victorian parenting and the actual narcisissm. Like parents failing to show humility and weaknesses as if that would undermine their parental authority and a narc personality.

For instance, my mother would demand you behave in a certain way in her house. You cannot even leave a fork in the sink without her screetching and standing in front of the sink pointing at a single fork in sink in a totally spotless kitchen. But should she come and visit my own house, my ‘rules’ (I don’t have that many) are irrelevant and her need to step in and start controlling and bending my home to hers, was readily apparent.

4. 12345 says:

These Little Acons pics are so affirming. It’s hard to articulate to others who only know “normals” just what narc mothers do. It’s too much to explain what a mind fuck it is. My mother says this all the time. To me, to my sister, to my daughter. But she adds that she has advocates who say the same thing about us. Your children, your granddaughter are sooooo disrespectful so its a double whammy. The whole world thinks your shit, honey.

Additionally, her face morphs into the ugliest, most terrifying thing I’ve ever seen. When I was in elementary school I would have friends leave play dates with me because they were terrified of my mother’s face and yelling when I would do something to incur her wrath. I would say things to try to get them to stay like “don’t be afraid, she doesn’t mean it” or “don’t be afraid, that’s for me” but they always left. If I got upset she would say “if you hadn’t done xyz then I wouldn’t have had to react that way”.

When I got older into high school she latched on to face slapping. One friend who witnessed it burst into tears and left our house. After high school I finally got to the point where I slapped her right back. Of course, that was disrespectful. This is the same mother who always said you must never hit anyone above the shoulders. As if hitting someone anywhere else is appropriate. WTF?? God, I hate that fucking bitch.

1. K says:

12345
      I hate her too! I wish a giant chasm opened up and we could throw all the narcissists in the world into it.

What’s the difference between a narcissist and God?
      God doesn’t think he is a narcissist.

1. 12345 says:

I’d hide HG behind my back if there were a giant chasm. He’s too valuable.

2. Lou says:

Then God must be a MR. Thinks he is good and gives the whole world the silent treatment.
        Just kidding.

2. windstorm2 says:

12345
      You brought up memories for me about your friends coming over. My friends were always nervous and quiet the rare times they would come to my house. After one or two times they wouldn’t come back. That was a bitter blow to me. I had one friend tell me I couldn’t spend the night with her because her mother didn’t want me to invite her back to my house. That’s very sad for abused children to be isolated too.

1. Patricia says:

I had the same problem as a kid. Children were terrified of my step narc . was terrified of him too but I was also used to his abuse. He was a mean son of a bitch. It is very isolating for already lonely abused children to have no friends who understand.

I prevented my Ex SO Narc from abusing my kids the way I was abused as a child, however they were so embarrassed by his loud domineering and attention seeking behavior that they refused to have friends over when he was around.

3. Violet says:

I got the whole “if you did x,y,z then u wouldn’t be abused.” I shouldn’t have ever been abused and the rule books changed the next day so x,y,z weren’t important. I’m ashamed now of how many hits I took and I think the loneliness, shame and lack of education back then meant I just took her abuse. She had a way of hitting me with a volley of bullets before visitors came and then told them I’d been naughty to increase my shame. Then the next day she’d take me shopping and be my best friend. If I cried from depression she just left the room. I got deeper and deeper in hopelessness. I wish I could get her out in jail.
      I still fantasise about cutting her up and burning her.

5. Lou says:

Great image HG. LOL

6. 1jaded1 says:

Respect must be earned.

7. SVR says:

Here’so a question HG. I only remember that face once from her. The rest of the time it was just felt and you had to be good or get out of her way. Is that possible? I know she is a narc but her behaviour is sutle.
    Thank you in advance.

Indeed it is possible.

8. Narc affair says:

Mummy dearest needs some dental work done 😄

9. Patricia says:

Oh my God this one! RESPECT was everything while he was constantly disrespecting my kids! “We’re raising men not pussies” was the answer when I interfered with his treatment of them.They were little boys! The best thing I ever did was getting him away from them. Thank God none of them turned out like him.

Black Hole