The Narcissist and Feelings

THE NARCISSIST AND FEELINGS

Feelings are an unnecessary burden and thankfully I have been relieved of many of them, being left only with those which are deemed necessary to enable me to pursue the harvesting of fuel. Feelings blur and weaken. How many times have you heard your alarm go off in the morning and you have rolled over feeling like you do not want to get up? Many times I should imagine. That feeling of apprehension about what the day holds for you, despondency at what has happened to you and dread about what you have to do weakens you and holds you back. You spend much of your life in the pursuit of this notion of happiness but are you ever truly happy? Do you look at what you have and wish you had more? Do you look at other people around you and imagine how happy they must be and you wish that you were more like them? All you achieve is bitterness. Perhaps you do feel happy but as the empath that you are you see those who you regard as less happy than you and you wish that they could be more like you. All you achieve is vanity. You spend so much of your time seeking to be happy and then you worry about whether it is fleeting in nature. You express concern that you just want to be happy and spend more and more time trying to achieve this state of nirvana. You suffer from feeling sadness which leads to paralysis and indecision. You feel frustrated which sucks up your energy and leaves you feeling spent. You take pride in your ability to feel and to be able to feel on behalf of others yet all you are doing is allowing yourself to be burdened. Why bother pursuing those feelings which are regarded as positive, such as joy, happiness and elation? Is the effort truly worth it when you get there only for it to be a fleeting moment which then casts you into despondency? What was the point of that? Why allow yourself to be mired in upset, misery and dejection? You achieve nothing as you slowly sink into a quagmire of such negativity. Your feelings deceive you, press down on you and above all else allow us to manipulate you. It is because you feel this array of emotions that you provide us with emotional reactions. Of course you know that these emotional reactions create my fuel. Your feelings are to blame.

I never acquired these feelings. This is because the pursuit of fuel cannot be distracted by these cumbersome emotions. They serve no purpose and thus were never developed. I am built for the acquisition of fuel and nothing else. I am an efficient design, single-minded and driven. All excess baggage was not jettisoned, it was never stowed on board to begin with. I am not wholly without feelings. I have been developed in a way to allow certain feelings, those that aid my purpose, to come to the fore. I feel fury which ensures that I can exert control over other people and thus extract fuel from them. I feel envy which drives me on to strip away those traits from other people which I need to create my construct. If I felt no envy, I would not want these characteristics – thus this feeling serves a purpose. There is no superfluous feeling connected with me. I feel jealousy which again causes me to strive to better that person by lauding my own achievements and prompting a reaction which garners positive fuel or by berating the person of whom I am jealous and thus I harvest negative fuel. I feel hatred. This allows me to see everything as it truly is. Hatred hones and brings into sharp focus the reality of this cruel world and thus I am better able to navigate my way through it. Hatred is visceral, it is not fluffy or amorphous. It does not cloud or blur. It is direct, straight to the point and electrifying in its capacity to allow me to always go forward. All of these feelings and ones of a similar nature have been fashioned around me to assist me in my quest for fuel. Each one discharges a method of enabling me to gather fuel so that I can feel the ultimate emotion. My pursuit of fuel is predicated on the use of these various emotions with the sole purpose of allowing me to feel that emotion which I prize above all others.

I feel powerful.

I am powerful.

23 thoughts on “The Narcissist and Feelings

1. kel says:

Hi HG, I think I really liked my comment on this one that’s in moderation. I didn’t screenshot it and would like to read it again as it’s like therapy for me sorting things out. Is it possibly the first line you don’t care for & if so, can you edit it out and post the rest? I don’t mind so much, but I usually don’t think to screenshot until right after I hit Post.

It will appear Kel, there are quite a number of longer posts and comments with questions in moderation, hence the delay.

1. kel says:

No worries about it. I thought there might be a problem with what I’d said. Time goes on and it’s not on my mind anymore.

2. windstorm says:

Kel
      It won’t help this time, but in future you can copy your comments before you hit send and paste them into notes (if you’re using your phone), or just write them in notes and copy/paste into the comment box. I have a file just for the blog. That way you can reread them easily whenever you chose. I also keep an album in my pictures for screen shots of other people’s comments I might want to reread.

1. kel says:

WS, Lol, I manage to screenshot sometimes but usually my finger is typing away- on my phone- and goes and hits the Post button before I can stop it. When I first got on this site you could see your own comments that were waiting in moderation, but that seems to have stopped permanently.

I believe WordPress made an adjustment which has caused that change Kel.

2. windstorm says:

Kel
          I have had that happen, also. Plus with poor internet connection and WordPress gremlins, I’ve often been typing a comment only for the entire thing to suddenly disappear and be lost. That really upsets me!

That’s why unless it is a very short comment, I will always transfer it into notes and finish it there. Then copy n paste it back in the comment box.

Always have a Plan B, The Inseminator.

2. windstorm says:

That is my philosophy, HG

2. kel says:

Windstorm
        That’s a good idea about pasting a comment in. That also happened to me once too where the page reloaded and wiped out what I’d written. To tell you the truth, I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one screenshooting!!

1. windstorm says:

Kel
          One of the advantages of living to be old is I’ve learned that no matter what I do, I’m not the only one doing it! Lol!

Same thing with problems. No matter how odd or ridiculous a problem I have, I’m not the only one having it! In fact, any more I can google almost anything and find where someone else has dealt with it. 😄

2. Alma Jazzmin says:

It was necesary to change the name of the article and the picture to understand the text. It is clear that the narcissist perspective about feelings is limited and consequently his/her understanding of the “other” is very poor as well, almost mechanic. This limitation do not allow the narcissist to make a real exam of its own self and therefore its explanation of the “other’s” relation to emotions and feelings can only be a reflection of his/her perceptions. Very limited and square, there is no flow or exchange.The whole dinamic and interaction between different feelings that normal people experience are not in place. This piece allow us to see how constrained and poor the narcissist’s emotional spectrum is. So sad.

3. kel says:

The problem with this article is that it doesn’t make sense. I can’t relate to it. What you’ve imagined an empath thinks isn’t so. Envy, bitterness, and vanity are things a narcissist feels.

What troubles an empath are the same things that bother a narcissist. Rejection, humiliation, embarrassment, being slighted, and demeaned.

Narcissists dish it out, but weak bullies they are, can’t take it. They can’t handle the truth. It’s not power you achieve, and the only ones you fool are yourselves. No one would be on this site if they hadn’t searched for the answer to what is wrong with this person who turns out to be a narcissist.

Empaths don’t have a vile creature they’re scared of, narcissists do. You would crumble apart if there wasn’t someone around to admire you (someone who doesn’t know them like we do).

Empaths don’t get up in the morning worrying about being happy or what the day holds. That’s what narcissists do. Empaths are thinking about breakfast, coffee, what the weather’s like, what to wear. Doesn’t a narcissist wish life were that simple for him? That he didn’t wake up worrying about his haggard image in the mirror, hoping for a text from anyone that makes him feel good about himself? Doesn’t he wish that sinister reptilian smile didn’t spread across his face as he caused someone else to feel bad?

How do you talk to someone like that? Who can’t have a simple conversation without manipulating, provoking, instigating? Launching smokebombs of confusion, and then laughing at us for being confused.

Who says you’re powerful or so great? Us or just you? All you ever really do is betray us by pretending you’re real.

Remember though the majority of narcissists do not know they are provoking, manipulating etc so it is not an issue to them. As for us Greaters, we do it but it is not a burden and we revel in the game playing.

No, envy, bitterness and vanity can be felt by empaths also (maybe not all and not as strong as the narcissist) but they are there. Why do you thing triangulation is so effective because the individual is envious of the attention the narcissist is giving to a third party. Empaths are bitter also – often about how they have been treated and who can blame them? Empaths have vanity, but it is less likely to cause problems for others in the way vanity for a narcissist does. People have empathic and narcissistic traits in varying degrees and strengths – except our kind.

1. Alexissmith2016 says:

I understand most empaths experience negative feelings on a lower scale than Ns but Are the lack of feelings of envy etc attributed to any particular type of empath HG?

Some narcissistic traits are less prevalent and less strong with particular empaths.

2. kel says:

I think that when an empath feels emotions like envy, bitterness, and vanity, that it’s usually a knee-jerk reaction to something that just happened, not something they wake up feeling. There might be an issue heavy on their mind that is still weighing in that morning, but it’s not usually an every day thing.

1. kel says:

I just want to add here, that when I say “you” in my comments, that I’m usually kind of picturing my narcissist as well as all. I don’t mean to sound like I’m attacking our dear Tudor (or tutor), it’s just easier to write ‘you’ than anything else.

4. Leslie says:

You feel powerful. You are destructive.

5. Christopher Jackson says:

All in the name of fuel…I like the part about when you have hatred you can see things in so much clear focus I agree wit that

Fuel is the rule, and thank you.

1. Nika says:

This whole sentence you wrote, above, “Fuel is the rule, and thank you”, has rhythm to it… like a song. It is a bit of a tongue twister if spoken rapidly. It is fun! I like it.

Twisted