How To Co-Parent With A Narcissist

KTN How To Co Parent with a Narcissist

Often viewed as one of the harshest outcomes from an ensnarement with a narcissist is the issue of children and co-parenting with the narcissist. A frequent question that is asked of me by many individuals who find themselves in this predicament, worn down and unsure of how to go about this in an effective manner for both themselves and also their child or children.

The most common reason given to failing to implement total no contact is the issue of shared parenting with a narcissist. The attempt to escape the nightmare of ensnarement is viewed as unachievable and increases the concern, fear and anxiety for the non-narcissist parent in feeling eternally chained.

Using HG Tudor’s established expertise with regard to the field of narcissists and narcissism, this Assistance Package addresses a wide range of matters in an easy-to-understand manner, with practical advice and tips which have been successfully used by individuals co-parenting with narcissists and all based on HG Tudor’s unrivalled understanding.

This Assistance package covers

Co-Parenting as part of your no contact regime

Tackling handover arrangements with regard to children

Reducing the risk of being hoovered because of co-parenting

Handling hoovers if they happen through the co-parenting regime

How to address communication with the narcissist with regard to co-parenting

What to do when the narcissist becomes problematic concerning arrangements

What to do where the narcissist involves a new partner with the children

What to expect in terms of the extent and regularity of the narcissist’s involvement in the co-parenting process

How to deal with joint decision-making, such as matters of education or health

How to handle occasions where joint appearances occur in relation to school or sporting events

Plus much more ground-breaking and supportive information.

To receive this information which costs US $ 125 for a comprehensive Assistance Package which you can access in your own time and at your own pace, simply use the PayPal button below to make payment and you will then receive a Common Sense Protocol which governs the Assistance Package and the Assistance Package itself.

12 thoughts on “How To Co-Parent With A Narcissist

1. Anm says:

Kel,
    Sorry if I seemed intrusive or dismissive. I always get overly curious when it comes to other family dynamics when it comes to narcissism. Your friends dynamic sounds more like my son with his dads family. They are Midrangers, and the grandmother actually tried to hijack the role as mother, and tried to push me out, claiming I had post-partum depression. I did not have the bond I wanted with my son for the first 2 years or so of his life, because grandma interfered with that early mother and child relationship. However, in my case, when I split up with them, and implemented parallel parenting, I was about to gradually build a relationship with my son the way I wanted it. My son even spends one over night a week with the same grandmother who undermined my parenting. I was fortunate, but I have heard that others were never able to gain back their child from a narcissist. So I was just curious the specifics of the dynamics.
    With my daughter, I think it may be part genetics, and part exposure to her mentally I’ll father. Too early to tell.

1. kel says:

Anm
      Your experience with your son is the same as mine with my first born child. Only it was my mother and she succeeded in taking over my child. I wouldn’t allow her to ever be that close with my second child. Circumstances only leaned things her way with my divorce, my father passing away, and my job transferring out of town. I didn’t have a strong bond with my first born either, and didn’t know much about children, and instead of teaching me, my mother ridiculed me and took over, even doing things without asking me. I was there for my daughter but from a distance, and I put my foot down several times as she was growing up to correct things for her. She’s grown now and we have a close relationship, from long distance. My mother has dementia now, and was just released from a hospital visit into a nursing home, which my daughter was there for and endured my mother’s fist clinching and hate towards her over it. But the next day my mother was happy, socializing with everyone, having a fuel fest I’m sure. I can’t help loving her despite things she’s done in my life, there were good and normal things too, we survived.

2. kel says:

HG
    What are some tips on how to raise children who exhibit narcissistic tendencies to know how to react to them and how to teach them to be empathetic?

I know a child who definitely displays signs of narcissism. It causes the mother to react by eventually losing her cool and yelling at the child, and the child I notice doesn’t really get hurt by it, the child stays calm and controlled and unemotional. I told the mother not to react that way because it gives the child control and they win. Of course I’m not mentioning narcissism at all to her as that wouldn’t help matters in this instance. This child gleefully boasts and also embellishes her accomplishments, even the simplest little wins. And when someone tells her she does something well, she always replies very simply, “I know”. She’s a good kid, but even additionally, the numb unemotional face, the crying for herself over the smallest things as if they were huge things, hints of that reptilian smile when a sibling is called out, it’s constant behavior, not isolated, it smacks of what I see in adult narcissists.

I am the wrong person to ask about teaching emotional empathy.

If you want to know how to counter narcissism’s growth in a child, I can assist with that, through consultation.

1. kel says:

Yes, a consultation would be good, and not only help the child but also the mother.

2. Anm says:

Kel,
      My daughter is still young, but I think she inherited a predisposition to sociopathy from her father, but I do not think she is a sociopath. I do not have the answers, but I try to show her unconditional love and I try to surround her with positive role models. Right now, my daughter likes to hurt people when she feels like she has been wronged, but she is also very smart for her age. She is almost 4 and talks like a 7 or 8 year old. I’m not just saying this because shes my daughter, people are always shocked and confused about her age. I wonder if these traits go hand in hand with sociopathy. I dont know.

1. kel says:

Anm, She had a narc grandmother she stayed with for a week as a toddler, and became very close to afterwards, who was a big influencer on her. The gm passed away this year. She’s taught empathy and fairness, but I’m not sure it’s sinking in the right way, and if she’s a budding narcissist then she’s only learning how she’s expected to behave. She is a good kid and I sincerely hope it can be stopped from developing.

A cerebral child would be advanced for her age, and I hope you can consult with hg since you see signs of it and suspect it. In my case, I don’t know if I can get the mother to do the consult as she is stressed enough and I don’t think would relish the thought of having another problem to deal with as she’s on a prescription now for stress, but if not, then I will.

1. Anm says:

A week with a Narcissist wouldn’t necessarily make a child a narcissist. Very slim chance. I wonder about other dynamics going on. I wonder what the mother is stressed about, and what’s going on with that medication.

1. kel says:

Anm
            You messed the part that the child and grandmother were very close after that week, and that the gm was a strong influence on her from then on. Really odd thing too is that the child as an infant never liked the gm. She always cried when the gm held her, and I remember once when she was old enough to sit up and the gm came in, she looked up at her and just had the biggest crocodile tears coming out down her cheeks without making a sound. She eventually learned to go to her as an infant and not cry, but she just didn’t seem to like her until that weekend, but then loved her after it.

Aside from that, the father has strong signs of narcissism too, which I’m seeing more of lately. He was a mama’s boy until she, the gm, passed away this year. The mother just wants her family to be happy, that’s all she cares about.The kids adore her and she adores them. But the aloofness and self centeredness of the child makes her hard to teach, discipline, or be the one in charge which can make anyone lose their cool in a moment, which I noticed seems to bother the mother more than the child.

Anyway I don’t really feel like I should have to explain. Please tell me why you think you see signs of it in your daughter. Is her father influencing her or harming her?

3. Rali says:

I really need this one. But the bill should be paid by my Ex! 😉

Should but that means being subjected to his control and you only control you, not others. Seize power for yourself.

1. Rali says:

You are right and I know that. But a narcisst can be the best inspiration for dark irony and humor. It is better to go through the hell laughting. Of course not in front of the devil, I still desire to stay alive.

Losing My Grip