A Very Royal Narcissist – Update Part 12

Untitled design-2

Following the “Sandringham Summit” a number of matters have been decided on with regard to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Here is the further analysis on the ongoing saga. My observations are in bold and italics.

1. Buckingham Palace Statement

Buckingham Palace released a statement. This is produced below with explanation as to how this relates to the behaviour of the Meghan Markle to enable you insight into the workings of the narcissist mind. Remember, the establishment of her being a narcissist was achieved based on a whole host of material in earlier articles (much of it before she became the Duchess of Sussex) and therefore the analysis is based on behaviour and reaction through the prism of narcissism.

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are grateful to Her Majesty and the Royal Family for their ongoing support as they embark on the next chapter of their lives. (False Appreciation and Facade Management – you have given us (me) what I want, which is control and although this need for control is unconscious this then allows me to be apparently gracious in response. This is a benign form of manipulation – similar to the paying of a compliment, buying a gift, taking you out for dinner when it is performed by a narcissist. The act of paying a compliment does not meant that someone is a narcissist, but when a person has been established as a narcissist through the analysis of a pattern of sustained behaviours, then everything they do is either a Benign Manipulation or a Malign Manipulation. These are necessary to enable the narcissist to control people, either in a good way or an unpleasant or even horrendous manner. The Duchess of Sussex needed control and as explained in early A Very Royal Narcissist articles, this meant leaving the UK under the “stepping back” arrangement. This has not been stopped. Therefore, Miss Markle retains control and this allows her (and Prince Harry who toes the line as an Intimate Partner Primary Source who is in the grip of control) to express gratitude. His, as a non-narcissist is genuine and has no ulterior motive other than thanks. Hers is a manipulation and is unconscious and instinctive. “You have done what I want, have a reward, I will be nice to you.”

“As agreed in this new arrangement, they understand that they are required to step back from royal duties, including official military appointments. They will no longer receive public funds for royal duties. (Agreement Only As Control Has Been Achieved – be under no illusion you will never have any guarantee of making a narcissist do something that you want. If it happens, it is because the narcissist wanted it to happen. If you think otherwise, this is an honest mistake borne out of a failure to understand what narcissism is and the impact of misleading Emotional Thinking. The Sussexes wanted to step back from royal duties so stating that “they understand they are required to step back from royal duties” makes it sound as if they have had this imposed on them, they have not. It was a requirement of the assertion of control of Miss Markle. She has got what she wants and therefore has no issue with such an observation. What about no longer receiving public funds for royal duties, surely that is a blow to the grandiosity of a narcissist (note not all narcissists operate with grandiosity)? Not in this instance. This is because of Grandiosity and Magical Thinking. The Grandiosity will be that the Sussexes do not need public funds for royal duties and and will be allied with Magical Thinking that they will be able to generate a host of income streams from a variety of commercial means (part of the purpose of stepping back from royal duties) and do so extensively and successfully.

“With The Queen’s blessing, the Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations. While they can no longer formally represent The Queen, the Sussexes have made clear that everything they do will continue to uphold the values of Her Majesty. (Facade Management and Future Faking –  again, since Miss Markle has got what she wanted and feels in control, it is easy enough to state that they will uphold the values of Her Majesty. Moreover, a narcissist will state that they will do something in the future as a means of controlling the NOW which is what the narcissism operates to do. Whether the narcissist will ever carry out the future event, is largely irrelevant, because the purpose of the stated intention is controlling the moment and by the time the future event arrives, the narcissist´s position with regard to control will have altered. The narcissists sense of entitlement, lack of emotional empathy and lack of accountability means that the future event might be delivered, but again, only if that serves the narcissist´s need for control. More usually, having obtained control, the future event is never fulfilled.

“The Sussexes will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family. (Again you might think that not using the HRH titles sounds like some form of demotion and ordinarily, that would be a matter of concern for a narcissist as it would impact upon the notion of superiority and feel, to the narcissist, like a threat to control. However, in this instance the Sussexes chose not to be working members of the Royal Family, the non-use of the HRH titles is in accordance with and ratifies what they want, therefore control remains intact.)

“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have shared their wish to repay Sovereign Grant expenditure for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage, which will remain their UK family home. (Future Faking – this is nothing that is set in concrete. It is merely stated as a wish which sounds useful to state now, for the purposes again of asserting control and for Facade Management. Since it is only stated as a wish this is as long way from being a cast-iron obligation and will only be undertaken if it suits with the narcissist´s need for control. The potential outcomes are either it is never repaid, it is repaid by Prince Charles for example on behalf of the Sussexes (he has provided them with significant financial support in the last year so aside from the refurbishment, their call on the Sovereign Grant was approximately 5% of their income) or they secure the jackpot of commercial deals, chat show appearances, book deals, after dinner speeches etc so that repayment is hardly an issue. Once more, the control remains intact.)

“Buckingham Palace does not comment on the details of security arrangements. There are well established independent processes to determine the need for publicly-funded security.

“This new model will take effect in the spring of 2020.”

The content of the statement merely demonstrates that its content accords with the sense of control which Miss Markle has at the present time, control which continues to assert itself over Prince Harry so that he acts in accordance with the stated intentions, believing and misled by his Emotional Thinking, that these is the right way forward. For now, the control remains intact, but for how long?

270 thoughts on “A Very Royal Narcissist – Update Part 12

1. Susan Vancouver says:

Although it is so infuriating the injustice of it all (grifter takes all), and it makes me angry and disgusted that Netflix is apparently interested in them, I don’t think they will be embraced by Hollywood. I think her so called A-lister friends have been eerily silent since the announcement. Serena Williams husband (co-founder of Reddit) tweeted out about strategic sycophants last week and the anti MM brigade took it to be about MM and he didn’t post any denials about that. There are some decent folks that are A-listers, as well as many who value and honour the Queen and the Monarchy. Many of them are most likely just as disgusted as we are with all of the chaos and destruction MM causes. I wouldn’t rule out her being snubbed by Hollywood elite. That is why she has set her sights on my good country. I was horrified to see local politicians stand up for her and call the reporting of her Dad’s latest comments as “disgusting tabloid journalism”. These local people in Vancouver (it was a previous news reporter who ran for Liberal MP and lost in the fall) who tweeted it with many local women jumping on to agree with her. This failed MP candidate had Sophie, Trudeau’s wife over for a campaign launch at her home in the summer. So Canadians do have to put up with Premier Horgan, the Trudeau’s and others fawning all over H&M in the most dreadful way. I may move from this City before she spirals out of control again and people see the light. I only became aware of this whole debacle and her blatant predatory pathology over the past few weeks. Prior to that, I hadn’t had any interest in them at all. I watched the documentary of their trip to SA and even shed a tear for them. But something didn’t sit right, and down the rabbit hole of research I went. Regretfully so. How completely bizarre to discover a textbook case of predatory narcissistic abuse on a global scale for all to see, the very thing I have been attempting to heal from for five years now and recently thought I was out of the woods from. I have retreated like a hermit in my little place by the beach where I keep a low profile and struggle to heal emotionally, physically and financially from years of this very same abuse. Outrage, disgust, and the complex ptsd I have been managing are all at the forefront again. I am grateful for groups like this where other people can clearly see her narcissism and con artistry and not give it a hall pass. Any tips on getting back on track in recovery from narcissistic abuse and back to focusing on my life would be welcomed. I give that horrible woman my power when I fixate on her absolute loathsomeness. Sorry for the rant. I do feel that many people in Canada and the US will not be falling for her false narrative and do see, with disgust, what these two have done to his dear 94 year old grandmother and the entire hypocrisy of their fake “woke” “victim” abusing the taxpayer ways. Much question for dear HG, Lord of the Manor is this: you have commented about raising awareness, and many of us are doing that. Could you comment or do an article on how we could all go into a state of not being bothered by RMM, so that we could model that for others, thereby cutting off the fuel thousands around the world are giving her?

2. Brombles says:

Harry thinks he’s going to Canada to enjoy love and life with his new family. She’s got him in a vulnerable position. He’s going to go “home” to absolute narc chaos and abuse.

3. Violetta says:

She wrote it. In addition to her usual word salad, several British readers noticed the use of “gotten” rather than “got.” They disparaged it as a Yankee neology (it’s not: we use the older Germanic form, as seen in forgotten, begotten, still used by Brontes and Dickens). It is, however, pretty solid evidence he never wrote that speech.

4. Violetta says:

emx: As painful as the discard may be, it will be Harry’s chance to find freedom.

Let us hope (yeah, I know) that the Tudoristas’ efforts to publicize HG’s work will allow someone to clue Harry in on the Hoovers before they happen. He will definitely mistake the Grand Hoover for a real effort to reconcile. If he has been informed what she is likely to say and do, he will recognize the buzzwords and the behavior patterns when he encounters them. It may not wake him up completely, but it may make him pause for a minute, and think, “Wait a minute….”

5. Dr. Freuchie says:

And I am doubtful he would be welcomed back at all, open arms or not. After flouncing out, abandoning all loyalties, disrespecting the Queen and the institution of monarchy, and the British people, who needs Mr. H. Windsor-Markle?

6. Violetta says:

HG really does bring out our creativity, doesn’t he?

1. Violetta says:

The comment about creativity was supposed to.go under the Haiku.

7. Violetta says:

Lorelei:

He didn’t know it was a real bat. It was a dark concert hall, probably with the silly light shows that were popular then, and he thought it was a rubber toy someone had thrown on stage as a joke. He was not happy getting all those rabies shots in his stomach.

You want real weird? Look up GG Allin and the Murder Junkies.

8. PrincessSuperEmpath says:

Stay away from me and my apartment in NYC! I will give you the exact address and time and my phone number, to NOT visit me!

9. About the eyes says:

In my country the answer I frequently get when I refer to my family as narcissistic and psychopathic is that I am not allowed to because, as they say, only a psychiatrist is capable of making such a diagnosis.

10. Witch says:

Thanks HG
    Argh! Someone needs to tell Harry to sshhhhh! The Sun has basically said he’s disrespected the the queen with his statement which basically blames the monarchy for why he is leaving the UK. “We wanted to stay but the queen wouldn’t allow us to fulfil our duties without receiving public funding”
    That’s what he pretty much said, when it’s so obvious that Meghan wanted to leave and they chose to go.
    And he barely even spoke about the charity which is what it was supposed to be about.
    HG, this is intense, I feel like I’m binge watching a Netflix thriller and inside I’m screaming “Harry don’t go down into the basement!!”

Somebody said something similar to me to day, Witch.

2. Violetta says:

Witch: if he takes a shower, he’s a goner.

Fortunately, it looks like neither he nor that grey suit have had a wash in weeks.

11. Desirée says:

she puts the “common” in commonwealth

12. Abw Flying says:

*make

13. Witch says:

HG can you seen Harry’s Senebale speech?
    It was all about him and Meghan and he briefly mentioned the work of the charity.

“What I want to make clear is we’re not walking away, and we certainly aren’t walking away from you. Our hope was to continue serving the Queen, the commonwealth, and my military associations, but without public funding. Unfortunately, that wasn’t possible.”
    😬 well, he’s causing a lot of controversy and more press attention with that statement.

I have, Witch and intend to update further.

14. Dolores Haze says:

O Meghan
    You put the “narc”
    In monarchy

(haiku by yours truly)

Dolores
      Haha, love it.

2. Susan says:

DH that’s great!

15. Supernova DE says:

I find this a huge example of initially, from my empathic worldview, thinking that the narcissist has had an adverse outcome. BUT the narcissism is always twisting and turning so they always come out with the control. ALWAYS. We cannot win and shouldn’t try. GOSO

16. emx says:

She convinced Harry of everything she wants. Harry now have her same convinctons. She stealing his life day after day: family, values, money, sense of self etc… William should try to save his brother (it is to late, I know)

17. MB says:

HG, did you see Harry’s speech last night? If so, would you share your thoughts?

I did and I intend to do so, MB.

1. Kathleen says:

Can’t Harry see how much he’s lost already? Just what do you think Harry thinks he’s gaining? Just keeping ole Meggers happy? All this just to get laid? HG… Can’t you introduce him to a new woman?Someone in the UK? Someone who just wants to hang around and ride horses in the country and go to obscure charity events? I missed Harrys weeping and wailing…. I will look forward to hearing the HG analysis…

2. Em says:

Looking forward to that HG

18. Brombles says:

There are many narcs becoming more obvious in public life. Is it just that we are becoming more aware of them, or are we entering a new age of spiritual warfare?

Hello Brombles, there are two factors at work.

1. There is an increase in the incidence of narcissism , however
      2. People are becoming more aware of it.

There is still a long way to go though. You only have to read some of the response to these articles (away from the blog) or comments elsewhere about “Megxit” to realise the lack of understanding.

19. alexissmith2016 says:

I see Sharon Osbourne must have been reading your blog…HG, is she one of yours?

Has she now? Another who joins the list of doing so without giving me credit.

She is.

1. alexissmith2016 says:

You are welcome.

2. alexissmith2016 says:

And yes, I believe so!

3. Lorelei says:

The bat head biting guy is an empath then!? Poor Ozzy.

Not necessarily Lorelei.

4. alexissmith2016 says:

An inside track on who Harry’s father is

Alexis2016
      Why do you say Sharon O has been reading the blog?

1. alexissmith2016 says:

Because she has come out as saying the couple (namely MM) want a celebrity lifestyle and will end up in LA. Some of her comments in the article (not all) align with HGs analsysis and assessment of the couple.

SO is business smart but I don’t imagine her to be smart enough to have thought out what she has said all by herself. Just my opinion.

Alexis2016
          Ah, thank you. I assumed that to be what you meant but hadn’t seen any statements or interviews by her, so wondered what was said. I’m waiting for someone high profile to make reference along the lines of: “I read an interesting analysis on this blog about narcissism……”

Of course most narcissists will not want to give credit to anyone else and instead present it as their own. So we press to get it into the hands of a non narc.
          But it’s going to happen. It has to.

20. Em says:

Harry’s emotional speech. There was no other option. He’s being held to ransom. Blackmailed. Triangulated. Played. By MM against the press.

1. Em says:

Poor boy

21. PortiaRose says:

Seriously? Have you seen Archie. He is the absolute spitting image of his Dad. And why on earth would she cheat within a couple of months of their marriage when they’re still in the loved-up idolization phase?

See A Very Royal Narcissist – The Inside Track.

22. Alain says:

This deal is a huge win for Meghan. The key feature of this negotiation is that Meghan and Harry (M&H) is threatening to spill the “racist” beans about the Royal Family (RF) on a prime time special with Oprah. She could then follow that up with interviews with the Obamas, Clooneys, Beckhams, Beyoncé, etc with each in their turn deploring the racist RF. In return for her temporary silence; Prince Charles (PC) has agreed to continue bankrolling their lifestyle. This buys M&H time to become financially independent. As soon as the big Hollywood money starts rolling in, they will launch their woke jihad against the RF, as they will no longer need PC’s cash.

The likely next leader of Labour has already backed Meghan by calling the British press racist. Black British leaders are on the BBC claiming that it is racist to ask blacks to give any evidence of racism to support black leaders claims of supposed racism. In fact, according the them, this is the height of racism to ask the poor victims of racism for evidence of said racism. Britain is resisting this woke insanity but for how much longer?

Once the RF is under attack, Labour will continue to support M&H and a chorus of black leaders will agree that the RF is racist and no explanation needs to be given as for why. The Tories will keep their mouths shut. The Queen will eventually die and Charles will take over at which time the woke attacks will intensify. And they will not stop until the laws of succession are changed in Archie’s favor.

M&H are in the driver’s seat now because it will be they who get to determine when the coming war will start.

1. lisk says:

People need to stop giving a crap about how they are labeled, especially as the name-callers are mostly narcissists trying to get their way via victimhood.

2. Patiently Waiting says:

The irony is that Meghan Markle never self-identified as bi-racial until after she bagged “H”. She registered as Caucasian on her school, job and passport applications. Once she met “H” and discovered his desire to outshine his brother William via being “woke”, she exploited the Race-Card; along with Doria; in order to convince him (which was easy, because he is a dim-witted man-child) that any criticism of her would be due to her race. Interesting that she obtained plastic surgery — particularly a nose job — in order to make herself look even more Caucasian. And, she has only dated, lived with, and married “Pale, Stale, Male”-s.

In short, Meghan Markle is a fraud… and “H” is an easily manipulated man who wants to be King… In fact, MM’s convinced him that they can set-up “court” in Canada and later on, in Tinseltown…where she will be Queen Rachel and he will be her King (read: Court Jester) … unless she dissolves the marriage before hand; which is highly likely if their expectation of merching the Monarchy via their Sussex Fnd money-laundering racket is not as profitable as she would like.

Finally, the BRF would be smart to investigate in her shady connections with Markus Anderson (there is a sordid and squalid tale to tell therein); her SoHo House pimps; and, the Clinton Foundation, who see her as another of their future supporters. The sooner that their HRH, Sussex Royal Titles and Privileges are stripped; the better for the Queen, Charles and William & Kate. And, William & Kate should protect themselves and their children — because something in this entire Sussex Royal Story stinks.

23. Kate says:

Hi HG,

Your last line, “For now, the control remains intact, but for how long?” makes me want to ask.

Do you think Prince Harry will ever leave her?

Hello Kate, please see A Very Royal Narcissist – The Inside Track

24. Kathleen says:

Yes. Heh heh. I guess they’ve already realized she’s got a “radio“ face…i can’t recall her voice but I don’t recall anything like – a “radio” voice… something striking or unique.
    Omg this is going to fail so publicly… she’s pulled a royal scam

1. lisk says:

See the glory
      (See the glory of)
      Of the royal scam

1. Violetta says:

“An angry race of fallen kings
        Their dark companions”

2. Kathleen says:

Was thinking of that song lately… I was going to play it and listen to the lyrics and see if it applies at all…It’s been a while since I’ve heard it 😃. So many potential headlines with the word ‘royal’

25. Lorelei says:

Oh—and she needs a fling on the side. Watch out HG! She’s coming for you!!

Ha ha, no thank you, Lorelei, I have too many things to do besides having no interest. I am dealing with another move.

1. Lorelei says:

Do you keep getting evicted? From house trailer to house trailer you go!

Ha ha, damn, found out! No, I have matters to address in Central Europe and the USA.

1. Lorelei says:

Stay away from Ohio and Poland and we won’t run into one another!

I have just booked to go to both as you threatened my sense of control with that comment!

3. lisk says:

Please tell Budapest I said, “Szia!”

Not there yet!

5. Bibi says:

Come to Texas! Now! (See, by my commands you are sure not to follow them.)

I’m here.

2. Violetta says:

Lorelei:

I know you’re joking, but I don’t believe HG will be even slightly tempted. Aside from the the probability that a man who appreciates pale blue woollen socks (that match his pale blue tailored shirts) and Creed scents is unlikely to be impressed by someone who wears ill-fitting merched designer samples with a migrating weave while having no idea how tacky she looks (I suspect he’d allow for deliberate sartorial rebellion, like the girl with the Daddy issues and the chopped hair), MM has no wellspring of juicy, delectable Fuel. It’s all ersatz emotion with her, and since she doesn’t even know she’s faking it, HG can’t even admire her prowess.

1. Lorelei says:

I imagine the cropped hair tat girl was either a tertiary one night stand or a DLS! But cute.

2. Lorelei says:

Violetta—I was not familiar with the term ersatz. Nice word to add to my fund of knowledge, and excellent for the narcissists emulation of emotions they don’t really feel. K has discussed having an empathic view of HG’s “humanizing” of the pathology and it just makes me think that while they kinda get out of the unpleasant stuff now (mostly) there is also a price they pay. There are some joys they can’t truly experience that can’t be replicated in the way they don’t even know they are missing. I guess if you come along with no right leg in the world you don’t miss it. But. Give it back and see how they may relish having had it. They never get it back—can’t happen. Don’t think for one minute this means I don’t prefer wishing for normalcy. 💕

26. Lorelei says:

HG—just read this and it’s so insightful. My first thought is something you may recall
    me saying previously—an almost irritation I have. You repeatedly say you can’t control these individuals and I’ve stated frustration because many are less intelligent than often, your readers for instance. You’ve said this in regard basically across the narcissism spectrum—to not even bother. I’ve taken it as an annoyance because I’ve employed the idea of intelligence to muddy up what you are saying. It’s not about that—it’s truly an instinctive response much like trying to put a feral cat in a bath without getting scratched. Right? Leave the cat alone—they are all dirty and filthy anyway! It’s really amazing the shit storm this young woman has created in 3 years? Holy hell—and she’s not really overly bright. She is above average across the board I’m sure—but she can’t synthesize information as well as many of us perhaps. This demonstrates the remarkably ingrained importance of control. It absolutely exceeds anything in its way to achieve keeping the creature from emerging doesn’t it? In her case it has created such discord for some really nice people and she isn’t even all that substantial really. Pretty girl, I don’t agree with negative banter on her looks. Smart enough to attend and complete university yes, some business savvy but not extraordinary. She dove onto Prince Harry like a hungry tiger. It was like prey in a field—picking out the finest of suit ties! She’s a remarkable bitch.

Thank you Lorelei and you are correct.

1. Lorelei says:

What gets me the most is that yes, you wrote of her being a narcissist before and I had little difficulty accepting the accuracy, but never could have predicted that initial blog entry as foretelling of a much more substantial situation than her being a pain in the ass. I seem to recall she was openly dismissive of wearing panty hose and it seemed an odd thing to dismiss as a “lady” should want to when the social environment demands. Maybe I’m wrong and that didn’t happen. (?) Anyway, she’s a pain in the ass regardless.

2. WiserNow says:

Lorelei,
      What you say about narcissists choosing victims that are more intelligent than they are is interesting. It made me think that you could look at “intelligence” as having more than one meaning.

‘Intelligence’ to an empath is based on knowing about factual occurrences or subjects. Their intelligence is geared towards gaining knowledge and understanding.

On the other hand, ‘intelligence’ to a narcissist is based on using strategies and plans in order to get the upper-hand in a situation and to achieve power and control.

It’s a different kind of ‘intelligence’. A narcissist studies their ‘victim’ in order to detect the victim’s suitability for what the narcissist wants in that situation. They use the victim’s strengths and capabilities to achieve their own ends. In order to be able to use the victim’s strengths though, they need to know the victim’s weaknesses and they use those weaknesses to ensnare the victim.

So, yes, the victim does have strengths and capabilities that the narc doesn’t have, but at the same time, the narc uses their superior ‘strategic’ mind to know how to get their hooks into the victim and benefit from the victim’s ‘strengths’.

To an empath, the narcissist’s intelligence is devious and underhanded, because empathy and conscience makes it look more like ‘taking advantage’.

To a narcissist, the empath’s intelligence is probably weak and powerless, because it doesn’t lead to power and control.

27. Trudy says:

Great. Thank you.

You are welcome.

28. Michelle says:

HG, in your analysis, have you run across the story of HRH The Duchess of Kent? Her path in life seems to be an interesting counterpoint to MM’s. I read that she has been begging the Queen to remove her HRH title for years and has been refused, and that she began working as a teacher in a primary school to lead a quiet life in 1996.

I know of her but do not have significant detail about her story.

29. sandra t. says:

I think that Harry comes from a very harmful and narcisstic background anyway and is just stumbeling into a new destructiv life in Hollywood. Meghan is just a new face with a new “perspective” in the same old manner. Sure he does not realize it by now. It must feel like a breakout from the chains he had to handle with his whole life, not knowing that it will lead him into the same trap again. It seems to be an ongoing story in his life and it doesn´t seem to have a better perspective. Anyway, he was raised in a closed system, that might have been harmful but “protective”. Now he will enter the stage of beeing unprotected in a purely narcissitic world, with a highly narcisstic wife by his side. So what will – he do ? Striktly following her rules – to feel save in his new environment…….

What Meghan Markle makes so dangerous to my mind is the fact, that she is able to do all this within 2 years. There have always been differences between a shot and a nuclear bomb. And thats what it is. Thanks H. G. for your clear analysis, it all makes sense.

Accurate observations and you are welcome.

30. Violetta says:

Peach: HRH still on their website, last I heard.

31. K says:

Violetta
    Here it is.

HG Tudor says:
    January 10, 2020 at 12:30
    Hello WN, thanks for your observations.
    My disdain is nothing to do with it being close to home as a Briton, but rather because I find her an odious individual. I do not have any particular love for Prince Harry although I find him amusing, but he is the victim in this scenario.

1. Violetta says:

K: there was at least one article focusing not on the RF, but on how narcs in general use people’s good qualities to manipulate them. Do you remember which one(s)?

1. K says:

Violetta
        Let me know if this is the article you were thinking of.

1. Violetta says:

ALL HAIL THE NARCHIVIST!

You RAWK. Will review these links and choose where to send readers following the Sussex Saga.

1. K says:

My pleasure Violetta!!!
            Hahahaha…thanks for my morning laugh! I hope those are correct, if not let me know.

32. Abw Flying says:

To Harry , former soldier and member of a family so steeped in military service and tradition, giving up his military titles ,removal of his military appointments and being barred from wearing military uniform will be a deep cut. So sad.

What a sacrifice.How blind love can be…

He will now have to face different kind of battles.
    The ones majority of us here fighting or had to fight in the past. Unfortunately.

Sacrifice is the one of the central elements of the dynamic between narcissist and victim.

1. Kim e says:

HG. Sacrifice indeed. And just like the rest of the dynamic it is totally one side

2. Abw Flying says:

and what sacrifices Shieldmaiden had to take so far please?

None.

33. WiserNow says:

HG,
    Thank you for this analysis HG. It was very interesting and enlightening to read.

When I first read the Palace’s statement – including the part from the Queen where she says she is ‘particularly proud of Meghan’ etc’, I automatically took the announcement as coming from the Palace’s perspective. It didn’t occur to me to read it from H&M’s perspective, which is the way you have analysed it.

Now I see it as though the words of the statement are coming directly from H&M, rather than from the Palace. This puts a more ambivalent light on things. A narcissist’s words are not meant to be cast in stone or followed to the letter. They are said with an unspoken clause in tiny writing between the lines that says, “any of this is subject to change as and when I see fit”.

When I first read the Palace’s statement (i.e. the statement from the Queen and H&M) I cast my own assumptions (from an empath’s perspective) on it, thinking that it was a definitive ‘agreement’ that would be upheld into the future. Now I see that it is not all that ‘definitive’.

As someone else has mentioned, I would like to see your analysis of the Queen’s part of the statement in addition to the part you have analysed here.

Also, I have just seen a heartfelt speech made by Harry at a charity dinner he attended yesterday, and he spoke of his “great sadness that it has come to this” about stepping back from royal duties. He said that when he and Meghan were first married, they were “excited and hopeful and ready to serve”, however, now after many months of discussions, he had “no other choice” but to step back. I find that interesting. It sounds like a big turnaround in personal beliefs in a fairly short space of time.

You are welcome and thank you for your observations also. I will add further comment on the statements in due course.

34. Tea and Sympathy says:

HG did you ever say what type of narc NutMeg is? Being that I just found this site the other day I haven’t seen if you did yet.

Hello T&S, no, I have not stated.

35. Violetta says:

HG:

Somewhere on this blog, you have used the word “odious” to describe Meghan Markle. I agree with the assessment, but would like to know your reasons, since obviously, you’re not going to despise all Narcissists just for being Narcissists.

I am contemptuous of her school of narcissism.

1. WiserNow says:

HG,
        By “school of narcissism”, do you mean ‘mid-range’ or do you mean something more specific than that, for example, ‘somatic middle-mid-range’?

The school, not the cadre.

1. WiserNow says:

I see HG. So, could you please tell us exactly which school that is?

Not at present, it is part of people’s education to look to work it out for themselves before I state what it is.

3. K says:

Based on what I have read so far, my money is on MMRN somatic.

4. WiserNow says:

That’s fair enough HG.

Regarding cadre, I’d say Meghan is definitely ‘somatic’.

When it comes to school, I’d say Meghan is either middle-mid-range or upper-mid-range. My guess is middle-mid-range.

5. Lorelei says:

HG—do you prefer lessers more?! Since you dislike mids?

As a whole, no, Type A Upper Lessers do amuse me more though, Lorelei.

7. Lorelei says:

Funny you say that about upper lessers. I reflected back to my college-years boyfriend after absorbing more of your material and was highly suspicious (am) that due his lack of facade about/and the carelessness toward caring for his children that he really fit the mark here. He was no visible loser. He was a debonair gentleman, dressed to the nines, treated me like a princess, could turn $100 into $1000 in five minutes.. He was not an idiot wearing Hawaiian print britches. He broke my heart because I watched him destroy his son and bad mouth his lovely ex wife. He disgusted me because of it eventually. I still adore his ex-wife. The only physical thing was the time he threw a coffee table into a wall when I was harping about something. He fixed it the next day and acted like nothing happened. Life of any party for sure. Attention seeking, popular, attractive. I think next time I’ll look for more of the edentulous variety that wears a t-shirt from Wal Mart that displays a can of Spam. I have no fucking clue where that idea just originated.

8. K says:

Lorelei
            Lessers are ghastly, if I have to interact with narcissists, I prefer ULNs and LMRNs over MMRNs, LMNs, LLNs (too volatile and violent). Honestly, I really dislike MMRNs; I think it’s the facade, they are so fake.

9. Lorelei says:

I’ve had my fill of mid-rangers. Except for Bradley Cooper when his hair isn’t overgrown and dumb looking. He is pretty delicious to look at.

10. K says:

Lorelei
            BC is good looking.

11. K says:

Lorelei
            Hahahaha…absolutely!

12. Lorelei says:

I wonder if he sulks?

13. K says:

If he is a mid-ranger, he will most likely sulk.

14. Lorelei says:

Ugh—even my ex didn’t sulk. If it was sulking it wasn’t obvious.

36. Peach says:

Saw this: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7904813/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-HRH-titles-agreed-NOT-use-them.html I guess this is another example of future faking – agreeing not to use their status for control in the now. Curious to see if she sticks to the agreement with the “Sussex Royal” brand they want to build.

37. DailyReader says:

Thanks Mr. Tudor. Good observations!!!!!

Feel sorry for the dad….. wee click on the BBC

38. Witch says:

That is definitely Harry’s baby. The baby has harry’s glorious big head. If they have another son and he doesn’t have that head, then we know Meghan has probably done a ting with someone else

39. alexissmith2016 says:

HG, why would greaters not use FF when it is so effective?

Greater resources to enable delivery.

1. Interesting thanks HG. Makes sense. I know you’ve said before that they need to control in the now, mids and lessers so when they say these things they mean it. I guess I don’t understand why a greater wouldn’t when it binds us tighter. It certainly fits with my own experiences though but I just never understood why. My sister very rarely future fakes either so I’m guessing UMR use this less too. I’m just thinking aloud now. Much appreciated.

1. Violetta says:

Looks like MM Future-Faked the Queen, and possibly Harry too, unless you want her bk he was in on it from the beginning (rather than getting the slow Frog Boil):

40. Susan says:

It just hit me. Legacy is a way to live forever. Yikes.

41. Trudy says:

What do you think of the Queen’s statement in terms of how to deal with a narcissist?

More to follow on that.

42. horseyak says:

All she needs is one or two bad voiceover gigs. Then the game changes.

1. Violetta says:

Here’s the thing: if you are absolutely brilliantly talented, you can have “artistic temperament.” 19th-century actress Sarah Bernhardt and dancer Anna Pavlova were notoriously given to mood swings, but people put up with them because of their genius.

Meanwhile, there are people of mediocre or minimal talent who may work for years and years, because they are easy to get on with. If they are in the Corps de ballet or walk-on parts, they can be relied on to get to rehearsals and calls on time, know their steps or their lines, and never pick fights in the dressing room or try to steal the scene from the star.

I have no idea what level of talent MM has, not having watched either Suits or her legendary oral scene in 90210, but I doubt it’s enough to justify her equally legendary abuse of staff. She may get parts based on notoriety, but keeping them or being offered others will require either not getting on cast and crew’s nerves, or making so much money that her demands are worth the trouble.

I suspect that she will make money, but only as long as she maintains her notoriety. She may try new scandals to keep her in the news, but it’s hard to top a royal wedding, royal exile, and the inevitable royal divorce. Even the Kardashians, who juggled offers for the first photos of this wedding or that baby, found that later weddings and babies had fewer takers.

Indeed and as people are starting to realise, “artistic temperament” is just a euphemism for narcissism.

1. Violetta says:

HG: I used to think narcs couldn’t be really artistic: the inner chill would be revealed where the passion ought to be. They might have technique, but never that missing layer of skin that requires genius. Nicole Kidman is an example of someone with more technique than passion. Emily Lloyd is someone with the minimal layers of skin required to keep her internal organs from spilling out; her work in Wish You Were Here would be astonishing, even for an adult.

If you think that Pavlova and Bernhardt were full narcs, and not just Narcissistic, then Narc-hood is not always incompatible with artistry.

And of course there’s your own writing …

All of which goes to support the idea that Meghan Markle isn’t a mediocre actress because she’s a narcissist; she’s mediocre because she’s mediocre.

Agreed.

43. Susan says:

Just fascinating. I Was hoping that somehow there was lack of control for her and that maybe it wasn’t that big a win. But it’s early in this situation and there will be lots of twists and turns with her trying always to manipulate in her favor. This is nothing new for her as her past behaviors as reported by those who knew her (if accurate), indicate she is quite accomplished. Brilliant assessment which I really didn’t expect.

Would like feedback from anyone else who might have experienced what I describe in the next paragraph:

This situation with MM has got me wondering about what seems like a strange development with a family member. I have always noted a high degree of facade management with her with some really odd behaviors involved in these manipulations, even before I knew about narcissistic behaviors. But recently, I have learned that she is obsessed with her legacy. Is preoccupation with one’s legacy in line with narcissism? It seems like it to me bc one would need to feel grandiose to be concerned with how you are viewed posthumously. I’ve heard people talk about leaving a legacy but It’s really the first time I have known someone who is obsessed with engineering every aspect puts it in another category.

Yes, it is a manifestation of grandiosity and the sense of entitlement.

44. Jk says:

Did I miss your comments on the Queens statement?

45. Jk says:

Did you comment on the Queens statement, have I missed that?

No and no.

46. Dolores Haze says:

Very interesting analysis which highlights an important trace of narcissism – control RIGHT NOW, without any thought of consequences in the future. Ms Markle clearly feels she’s entitled to receive funds from Prince Charles and from any future commercial endeavors that are still written in the sand. It probably doesn’t occur to her (or, more precisely, her narcissism blinds her from realizing) that 1) Prince Charles is essentially pissed off by the situation, and, being a narcissist himself, might choose to establish control by cutting off private funding via Duchy of Cornwall just to show “who’s the boss”. 2) Even if Charles continues the payments, the day he becomes king William takes over the Duchy of Cornwall and the payments to Harry and Meghan become even less likely (reminder, that’s 95% of their income). 3) Commercial deals are nowhere near guaranteed, and looking at how poorly Meghan manages her personal brand after Megxit (unprepared, poor taste, dilettante PR, no additional value long-term) shows yet again the sense of entitlement and lack of understanding of how big business works.

Thank you DH.

47. Elizabeth says:

I just hope he comes to his senses and dumps her before she dumps him to move on to greener pastures. I’m sure he will be welcomed back with open arms on his own. There will be a fight for the baby, of course, but I think the RF will win that battle. Although who knows if the baby is really Harry’s child?

See AVRN The Inside Track.

48. Tammy says:

Hey HG, when a narcissist does future faking, as mentioned in this post, do they know they are future faking and does it depend on the school of narcissism?

It depends on the school of narcissism Tammy. Future Faking is used mostly by Mid Range Narcissists, then Lesser and least of all by Greater Narcissists. Greater Narcissists know they are doing it, L and M do not.

1. Tammy says:

Thanks HG. So if L and M’s don’t know they are future faking, is it fair to say they intended on keeping a promise? They rarely or never do and always blame the other person as to why they didn’t. As we have learned, they do it because it gets them what they want in the moment.

Correct. They intend to at the moment of making the promise, but two seconds later, once they have got what they want (control) the promise can dissipate in the wind and invariably does.

2. MB says:

Ex-MMR was a future-faking fucker

49. MB says:

Some are suggesting PH change his name to Harry Markle. That amused me at first, but now I find it rather depressing.

I can understand why.

1. MB says:

As we would say here, she carries his balls in her purse.

I agree.

50. lisk says:

A very clarifying analysis.

I see what you did there, Lisk, thank you.

1. lisk says:

Pleasure, HG.

My gosh, now Harry’s speaking out. Hope you’re able to get some rest!

1. Horseyak says:

He’s, he says he’s sad. As an empath, this breaks my heart. We’ve all been there at that moment.

1. lisk says:

I don’t think he really knows what he’s sad about.

Valid point.