The “Sandringham Summit” took place today when Prince Harry met with the Queen, his father the Prince of Wales and his brother the Duke of Cambridge to discuss the recently announced decision by Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle to “step back” from royal duties as discussed and analysed in A Very Royal Narcissist – Part 6 .
BBC News has reported that the Queen has agreed a “period of transition” in which the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will spend time in Canada and the UK.
The Queen issued a statement as follows
“Today my family had very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family.
“My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan’s desire to create a new life as a young family. Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family.
“Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives.
“It has therefore been agreed that there will be a period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK.
“These are complex matters for my family to resolve, and there is some more work to be done, but I have asked for final decisions to be reached in the coming days.”
What does this latest development demonstrate?
- An empathic response on the part of the Queen, who has recognised, contrary to her own wishes, that her grandson and his wife, wish to live a more independent life and therefore rather than fail to recognise that this is the case and seek to stop that happening or impose some form of control over Prince Harry to seek to prevent it from happening, the Queen has avoided intervening in such a manner.
- A clear recognition that seeking to prevent the departure or make it difficult would have adverse consequences for her grandson. The Queen is unlikely to recognise what Prince Harry is dealing with explicitly, but she and most likely the Duke of Cambridge will see that Prince Harry is under considerable strain and the emotional empathy they both have is evidenced by not getting in the way of the Sussexes plans.
- That Prince Harry has remained in the thrall of Miss Markle´s control over him, by maintaining a course for departure from the United Kingdom on the basis as stated. Governed by this Emotional Thinking, he remains unable to recognise the manipulations that have been used to bring about this state of affairs. He may have been subjected to Promised Gain and Threatened Loss and feels that he has little choice but to implement what Miss Markle wants because as an empathic individual he is governed by his desire to be fair and treat the person he loves in a manner which brings her happiness (although what he is really granting her is control which is what a narcissist unconsciously wants and needs). Promised Gain will be the most likely manipulation, based on showing Prince Harry the better life that will be achieved in North America and also by granting want Miss Markle wants, she will reward him with a Respite Period from his ongoing devaluation.
- That Miss Markle has achieved her aim of continuing the Salami Slicing manipulation of Isolating Prince Harry from any external influence which Miss Markle perceives as a threat to her control. This commenced with the suggestion of living outside of the United Kingdom arising from the Africa interview as described in A Very Royal Narcissist Part 3, then continued with the six week stay in Canada as analysed in A Very Royal Narcissist – Part 7 and now progresses to the split between the UK and Canada on a far more extensive basis. Want to know where this will lead, then learn more here A Very Royal Narcissist – The Inside Track.
- There was never going to be a successful outcome for the Royal Family in terms of preventing the departure of the Sussexes, such is the extent of the control being exert over Prince Harry and the fact that the Royal Family, especially Prince William and the Queen can see the position that Prince Harry finds himself in and they have no desire to make that situation worse for him. It is common that family members end up backing down in any familial conflict. They often do not realise that they are dealing with narcissist and ensnared victim, but they do realise that the situation is having an adverse affect on grandson and brother and they effect the compromise for his sake.
- This outcome will bolster Miss Markle´s sense of control over Prince Harry and to an extent the Royal Family, it will cause her to believe through Grandiosity that she is embarking on a Just Cause and the response will fuel her. The declarations from supporters that she is exhibiting independence (although they are blinded to what is actually occurring owing to a lack of understanding of narcissism and/or an unwillingness to contemplate it in an objective manner) will amount to Positive Fuel. The protests from her detractors will be Negative Fuel and be a challenge to her sense of control but this will be asserted by ignoring those detractors and focussing that she has got her way. She will be cock-a-hoop, buoyed by the sense of control and the empowering effect of the received fuel. Prince Harry will at least receive a Respite Period as a consequence of this victory. Of course, it is far from over….
If you have recognised behaviours in this series with regard to people in your life, utilise the extensive work of HG Tudor to understand more and gain freedom